Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Leak from the Blinds? My PT results

[ QUOTE ]
In full ring, VPIP should be around 20 and PFR should be around 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, where did you come up with that?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Im at 18/10.5 for a 3.5BB/100 winrate over >25k this year. I steal pretty aggresively (35-40%). if I were able to play juicy tables each and everyday that my VPIP would be > 20 and my PFR would drop a bit. if I didnt multitable so much I'd would probably get better reads and thus be able to vpip a bit more.

My postflop play is much better this year than last year but I still dont think I play good enough to could run at 3.5BB/100 if I played 20/12 and I wouldnt want a noob to play 20/12 in the games I play.

[ QUOTE ]
Dang, I've been trying to get above 17/8.5 at FR and just can't see where I can grab those extra %% without making spew plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remy, youll find it easier to get your PFR up than your VPIP..well thats how it worked for me. Steal and isolate more.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In full ring, VPIP should be around 20 and PFR should be around 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, where did you come up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Marquis... we all know you're a big nit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
<font color="white">that is crushing the game!</font>

But honestly... I see nothing wrong w/ that as a baseline.
Plus, if OP even tried to hit those targets, he's still only hit about 18/9 prolly.

Hmm, I happen to be running at 20/11.8
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 PM

Ok well your guys numbers are still way too low from my end of the table but I haven't played full ring in a year so it may be right to play 18/12 or so.

Looking at your stats, I guarantee I blast away at you(OP) all the time and would probably make a steal attempt with any two from CO even depending on who was OTB when you were in the bb.

What is your response to check raises, how often do you continuation bet? I bet there is a lot of folds in them their woods.

You play so very little in the early postions I bet they are huge hands that you are playing there and that is why you win better there than other postions.

You get action from mindless dolts who station call anything I imagine to explain those numbers.

I guarantee again that anyone paying attention to you is going to avoid you in late postion any time he sees you raise from early.

I played the exact same way when I started. I radically changed by reading killer poker by John Vorhsaus and POP.

Went to the cheap seats practiced some techniques and havent regretted it.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm playing 0.50/1 LHE.

What I think of myself:
1) I'm playing too tight, especially from late positions.
2) I c-bet pretty often when I have raised preflop.
3) I usually have not much clue how to play when I hold overcards on the flop and turn. There will be callers who simply call my c-bet and 2nd barrel, and at the river, they will turn over their hand cos they have caught a middle pair.
4) I'm not sure where I stand, especially when it's to the river, and the person raises me. Should I call? Should I fold? I've read from SSHE that only fold if you're very sure you're beaten. But it seems I'm losing a lot simply by calling down.

To Smurph64: "You get action from mindless dolts who station call anything I imagine to explain those numbers."
Do you mean that those calling stations can be the cause of my stats? I play very tight, cos other hands never seem to hold up against these players.

Sometimes I really wonder, when I see loose aggro players at the table wiping every off and hitting their 2 pairs and trips at the river. I've tried that way, but it never seems to work.

I aim to post more on this forum, and improve my play. I want to be a winning player by x'mas this year! That's my aim folks.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:49 PM

Calling stations as you know call down with middle or bottom pair all the time. So against calling stations when you are in early position when you have AK and miss do you do a continuation bet all the time?

You have to check the value of doing that.
If someone raises it well you are certainly on a draw but how good of a draw is that?

So I would check my continuation bet numbers with misses when I am first to act and there are more than 2 behind me.

If it gets checked behind to the turn I usually bet the turn regardless. If I get a call here from calling station, I check/fold the river.

The bottom line is you have to check the betting patterns of those after you and have a pretty clear idea how they react to continuation bets.

Most players know what a continuation bet is.

Most calling stations rely on people playing overcards to continue to bet. That is what they get their kick from. So know that. You have roughly a 30% chance to hit your cards on the flop. After that the odds are much less.

So its only against the weakest calling stations that are headsup that you continue to bet to make them fold.

Position is huge in LHE. People starting usually forget that.

In early position I make a quick decision:

DO I HAVE THE BEST HAND NOW THAT CAN WIN?

two face cards that aren't mine, 2 of a suit (that I don't have) or 3 connecting cards against 3 players or more I generally assume no and don't make continuation bets.

Odds are you are playing against a lot of calling stations when you raise from early position.

If you notice someone who has good stats generally who cc's your raise they are the ones to be careful of. They likely have a pair, a monster drawing hand like KQs,QJs, or figure they have something they can out play you postflop with.

So when you start to look at the other players in the pots you are actually playing really watch their betting patterns and make copious notes.

At 14%VPIP you have lots of time.