Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: How do you play this??

salesbeast, look into coaching. your tale is definitely successful in a manner of speaking, but it is misguided and there's a whole lot of potential money that you're missing out on by not taking other peoples' advice. you may choose to ignore this as well, but trust me when i tell you that it's better for you in the long run to at least try a few hours of coaching and see if it expands your view of the game a little.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 AM

Agreed....I have some very good NL players that I discuss hands with and also look at the 2+2 community at large for insight. I can def take critisism and will have enough eyes very close to me tell me when I should move down if needed. A good friend of mine kwil20 did almost the same thing...then he won a wcoop limit event for $150k I can only hope but I also have snake8484,jucifer and silly_rabbit and I hope 2+2 people all willing to offer hand advice.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:35 AM

Jesus, raise for value somewhere there.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 AM

this post is filled with all kinds of good stuff

[ QUOTE ]
I am learning to switch gears and not get stuck in weak positions....and I am well aware this will cost me some buy ins for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point keep up the good work beast
Old 08-28-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dare to dream? I never thought I would have a 5 figure account and here I am. Right now I am playing with the houses money after my initial deposits totaling $2.85k over 14 months. I figure if I profit $200/day x 200 days there is $40k throw in some MTT success and voila.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh. You do realise where your winnings come from, right?

....right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 AM

lolol
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 AM

The question is where should you put in a raise.

Flop - I will raise if I think the player is loose enough that he will call with a couple high cards (KQ) or a pair of 3s, etc. If not, I just call.

Turn - Again he bets the minimum. At this point he most likely has a pair but not trips. At this point I will just call as a raise will likely scare him off (remember why we didn't raise the flop)

River - Again he bets the minimum. We can be quite sure that if he had a hand that beat us he would have bet more by now, he most likely has a pair of maybe high card ace. I think this is the best place to raise as he knows he won't face any more scary bets so will often call with a pair of 9s or even 3s etc. since you waited for the river.

For these reasons I would play it like you until the river, where I would raise to $30 hoping to be payed off.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Raise the turn, and don't worry about the river, as stated it's near impossible for him to have a flush in this spot. As this hand was played, you missed value SOMEWHERE, as it appears the min betting donk would have called more with his 9.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM

LMAOOOOOO!! This is classic stuff.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 AM

Strange table with the stack sizes, maybe a shark just cleaned everyone out and left.

As for the hand itself, if you can't bring yourself to build a big pot here then you should really drop to $0.50/$1 at best, no higher.

Lastly, having 100-buyin's for $3/6 means nothing if it's what you deposited with. If you got 100 BI's because you grinded away at $2/4 and WON then that's a different story.