Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: hh review groups- anyone interested?

Yes to limit. I'm a complete HU noob.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:14 AM

An additional thought:

Like so many others, I've decided to set up a blog to track my progress - I know it's laughable, but I feel it's a worthwhile endeavor. There's something about the potential of other people seeing it that adds a little more motivation to kick ass into the mix.

I'm posting all my HH's there from now on (unless I get so good that having them up there is a liablity) - I plan to review each one as thoroughly as possible and welcome others to do so as well. If you check it out, feel free to rip my play to shreds (which shouldn't be too difficult).

Back to my additional thought: if a bunch of HUSNG aspirants were to blog our HH's in this fashion, we could easily do HH session reviews at everybody's convenience, as opposed to placing the logistical burden on one person (or a few persons, as the case may be) to organize groups. Session reviews and questions, allowing for greater contextual analysis, could really offer something that's not quite within the scope of this forum due to space and noise considerations.

I just thought I'd throw my $.02 in - if you're interested, just go start a blog and post some HH's. Let people here know about it, and we can start a blogroll community with 2p2 as its nucleus.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 AM

I'll do it.

Mainly playing 0.5/1 NL HU cash.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 AM

I like the blog idea. I currently already have a blog that I have had for the last year but I could simply start posting the hand histories up for people to see. I emailed Cashius Clay yesterday about exchanging histories, but I think the blog idea is better.

Good one!

I will start posting from now on.

knightsridge.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Well I put up a poker blog too. And I'll be posting HU histories there too. Let's see how it goes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

pkrjoe.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 AM

I'd love to swap sessions with an experienced HU NL cash player. I play 400NL but I'd love to trade with anyone who plays 100-600.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:06 PM

Raze, sounds like we could do something. I've been playing mostly 600nl and 1000nl, with a little 400nl. I typically don't track my UB stats because it's a hassle, but if we agree upon something, I can go ahead and record a session. I played NL SnGs on Stars (220s and 550s) with a pretty good winrate of like 10% ROI over 230 or 240 games. But right now I'm an exclusively HU cash player.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Cool J, I'll PM you
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM

okay i think people have already started working out trades and stuff with people and i like the idea of using blogs instead of trading hhs as this makes the info more available to noobies.

Stauss and Juka you're pretty new but i'd love to work with you to practice explaining things and see how much i actually understand and can explain.

other than that there are four people interested in hu cash, work it out with each other you don't need random groups.

there are also a few in the 20ish range so hedz up,kall, OGS and phatjeff you four should work out what works best with each other.

as for the 6s and 11s i thought pokercurious,arch_angel(me), and verte for group one, and cashius, knight, and bbb for group two. pm me or whoever you want and hopefully we can get started this week and after a while trade out and work with other people.

summary- everyone's already using common sense and seems paired up so i don't really have much to say to everyone but have fun and gl.