Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: BBV confession: I am a donkament staller

Stalling is cool in Sats right?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 PM

im a pure staller and time out everyhand
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You never ever win. Congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 AM

Today's stallfest is what inspired this thread. It was actually quite dramatic.

It was a 300 person $33 tourney where top 40 paid. When there were 80 players left I noticed someone at my table starting to stall every hand. I still had a decent stack at that point and figured it was too early, but when it got down to 60 people and I had been card dead the whole time I decided it was time to join him and so did a third small stack shortly after. Every single hand we would run our clocks down to 0 and then fold. Of course everyone else at the table was like "PAY ATTENTION!" and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP STALLING!" and of course we'd never utter a single word for fear of confrontation. At one point I said "nh" to someone and immediately got the business from like 4 players there. I told them "sorry guys I am cooking and keep running back and forth from the kitchen to the computer."

Anyway coming back from a break there were 5 people left to go, I was still card dead but I figured I could definitely fold my way to the money. Then of course I picked up 88 in the CO folded around to me, had to let it go. Then 2 people away they fold around to my AJc in MP and I have to let that go too because at that point I had already blinded away any chance I had of winning. Down to the bubble I was in 40th and the guy in 41st and I were both going to be blinded out the next big, only he was one spot further away from it than me! Both of the other stallers at my table had pushed with bad aces, got called by better ones and managed to suck out (if you're gonna stall why risk your tournament life like that so close to the money?). Still, I expected someone to get coolered in the 8 hands I had left, but no, they didn't. My big blind finally comes around to me and the guy in 41st let himself get anted off to like 100 chips that bastard. I picked up A6o and miraculously EVERYONE folded around to the SB who called with 94o. I held with ace high and the other short stack lost in his big blind! Holla at the $60!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 AM

stalling is fine, but folding your way out of contention is pretty bad IMO

I stall, but I still play to win
push that 88

never get under 3BBs....YIKES
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 AM

you aren't very good at poker
Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 AM

IMO I was already out of contention by the time I got 88. Barely cashing seemed like a much more realistic and worthwhile goal than praying my 88 held up and possibly going slightly deeper.

BTW, "I stall but I play to win" is contradictory. By stalling you are decresing the number of hands you see thus decresing your chances to accumulate chips and win. You should pick one or the other, because it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Also, to all the haters, I have won donkaments before.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today's stallfest is what inspired this thread. It was actually quite dramatic.

It was a 300 person $33 tourney where top 40 paid. When there were 80 players left I noticed someone at my table starting to stall every hand. I still had a decent stack at that point and figured it was too early, but when it got down to 60 people and I had been card dead the whole time I decided it was time to join him and so did a third small stack shortly after. Every single hand we would run our clocks down to 0 and then fold. Of course everyone else at the table was like "PAY ATTENTION!" and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP STALLING!" and of course we'd never utter a single word for fear of confrontation. At one point I said "nh" to someone and immediately got the business from like 4 players there. I told them "sorry guys I am cooking and keep running back and forth from the kitchen to the computer."

Anyway coming back from a break there were 5 people left to go, I was still card dead but I figured I could definitely fold my way to the money. Then of course I picked up 88 in the CO folded around to me, had to let it go. Then 2 people away they fold around to my AJc in MP and I have to let that go too because at that point I had already blinded away any chance I had of winning. Down to the bubble I was in 40th and the guy in 41st and I were both going to be blinded out the next big, only he was one spot further away from it than me! Both of the other stallers at my table had pushed with bad aces, got called by better ones and managed to suck out (if you're gonna stall why risk your tournament life like that so close to the money?). Still, I expected someone to get coolered in the 8 hands I had left, but no, they didn't. My big blind finally comes around to me and the guy in 41st let himself get anted off to like 100 chips that bastard. I picked up A6o and miraculously EVERYONE folded around to the SB who called with 94o. I held with ace high and the other short stack lost in his big blind! Holla at the $60!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 AM

lol u stalled to win $27 because u didnt think u were good enough to go any deeper

ahahahahhahhhahahahhhhahahahahahaaahaha ah haha hha hahaha ha hah ahhahahaha
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, to all the haters, I have won donkaments before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean you aren't a terrible terrible player.