Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Brett Myers...... he seems nice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Really, I didn't know you were such an expert on Myers' domestic situation. Why don't you tell me everything you know? Enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that it's possible that Myers didn't beat his wife (i.e., that the details of the incident are incorrect)? Or are you saying that we can't conclude he's a POS loser just because he beat his wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously let's judge everyone off the worst moments in their life. I'm sure we'll all look great then.

2p2 = non-stop laughs.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Really, I didn't know you were such an expert on Myers' domestic situation. Why don't you tell me everything you know? Enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that it's possible that Myers didn't beat his wife (i.e., that the details of the incident are incorrect)? Or are you saying that we can't conclude he's a POS loser just because he beat his wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously let's judge everyone off the worst moments in their life. I'm sure we'll all look great then.

2p2 = non-stop laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no way Vyse isn't leveling.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2 = non-stop laughs.

[/ QUOTE ]

his worst moment (if indeed dragging his wife down the street by the hair was his worst) is far worse than the worst moment of most people. so yes, i'm going to judge him on that.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

his worst moment (if indeed dragging his wife down the street by the hair was his worst) is far worse than the worst moment of most people. so yes, i'm going to judge him on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't make judgements on athletes' personal lives because we're given a microcosm of information. Ever heard of small sample size? Margin of error?

It also helps that I don't care one iota about any athlete's personal life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have done a great job with your ad hominem attacks and such, and a porous job actually using any logic. Commence.

I know it's a cliche, but... this is a poker site. You would think ... people ... would ... understand ... margin of error ... and ... stuff.

Editx2: And note that I never defended this singular incident or the other singular incident. I was merely commenting on the silly people who choose to make indictments on the entire man's life based upon these two simple incidents. I'm sure such indictments could've been made on Josh Hamilton, too...
Old 08-26-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't make judgements on athletes' personal lives because we're given a microcosm of information. Ever heard of small sample size? Margin of error?

It also helps that I don't care one iota about any athlete's personal life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have done a great job with your ad hominem attacks and such, and a porous job actually using any logic. Commence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't the commencing already commenced?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure such indictments could've been made on Josh Hamilton, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

And they would have been right. He was a bad person. He did things that were very bad. He's changed now. Good for him. Now opinion can change about him. Myers is a bad person right now. He deserves what he receives. We'll see if he changes.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Vyse,
This is a really bad example, because it is not as subject to variance. How many people have blown up like that and beaten their wife. It is small pool and most of it consists of jackasses. As well the two things are correlated so they aren't two random independent events hurting him.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:59 PM

He sounds like I sounded tonight when I got sucked out on all in preflop KK vs 84soooted for a $300 pot.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure such indictments could've been made on Josh Hamilton, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

And they would have been right. He was a bad person. He did things that were very bad. He's changed now. Good for him. Now opinion can change about him. Myers is a bad person right now. He deserves what he receives. We'll see if he changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a fair comparison at all. Hamilton was hurting HIMSELF with his addiction, he wasn't attacking other people and beating them up or anything like that. Taking drugs is your own choice, it doesn't make you a bad person in my book, although people who do other despicable things on drugs might be 'bad people.' As far as I'm concerned Hamilton is a success story, and any struggles that he had are his own. When you start dragging a woman half your size through the streets of Boston by her hair, it is quite different altogether.
Closed Thread