Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Raise flop or likey?

*grunchables*
pf: standard
f: I raise but I can understand the call to raise turn.
t: standard
r: I really don't understand your raise here. I call.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:59 PM

k, most of u are prolly wondering "wtf, river mate?"

Here's my thoughts:

- Villain is bad, I expect him to donk with any pair or draw. On the flop I decided to call & see, I wanted to see what the turn brought & see what BB does. Also I thought there was a very good chance villain was betting a draw & if the turn was safe I was going to make him pay extra.

- As I mentioned I thought villain was donking any pair or draw on flop. Therefore if he was betting his draw with a 9 or a 4, the card he was seeking just came in. He c/c's the turn, I know he is bad but rly, no matter how bad u are why c/c the turn, esp if it looks like both BB & myself may seem SD bound.

- The river brings a T. This is card prolly hit villains hand. Why? Because there could be a big chance villain is donking the flop with a GS or a spade draw that contains a T, ie AT,KT,QT,JT. He decides to donk his pair as he is afraid the river may get checked thru, also he prolly thinks his pair is good & that on that board no-one will raise him. Therefore if he is no good he expects to only loose 1BB most of the time. Also (even tho if anyone he had a str8 he would of had it on turn) he may be thinking he's repping a 9 as a last effort attempt to bluff.

There is another probability, he has T8/T7/TT (tho i think the latter is prolly uncommon, but still possible). IMHO I don't expect him to re-raise here if he's holding any of theses. Even tho I did cap PF & therefore 99 maybe unlikely (tho I have capped it in the past but not in this spot), as soon as I raise it will scare him too much in 3betting cause of the board texture.

- I also believe there is another hand he could be playing. There's a possibility he's taken a strange WA/WB line on river with just a pair from the flop. He may be thinking his flop pair may still be good, that I could be betting turn with something like A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] & I may check thru but could call with A hi. Again like I mentioned earlier, he will not expect me to raise with anything that beats him, cause most ppl will not raise there.

In the end I thought he will pay me off with his worse holdings & I only expect to be raised if he has a straight which FWIW I didn't put him on given his wacko line.

It's close to between raising & calling but against someone bad I think it swings closer to raising for the reasons stated above.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Raise flop or likey? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Xylocain
Old 08-26-2007, 09:10 PM

um, I think u got my posts mixed up here!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:12 PM

oops [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 AM

river is sooooo wtf