Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: I\'m obsessed with peanut butter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go back and forth between sunflower seeds, honey wheat pretzel twists, and Lagavulin. Usually about a month on each.

Except the Lagavulin, that's a constant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey wheat pretzels are the greatest food invention of all time. Seriously. I go through at least 3 bags a week.

And peanut butter is my ultimate favourite. I eat it nightly by the spoonful (okay, I lied. I actually just scoop it out with my fingers. Nasty I know, but I can't help myself). I went through a phase of trying it as a condiment on just about anything. Believe it or not, hot dogs and peanut butter are delicious. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spread peanut butter on celery stalks. Mmmmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

With raisins. Ants on a log. The key here for you peanut butter noobs is that the celery must be dry. Wet celery leads to slippery peanut butter. Which leads to a mess. Which leads to an unhappy wife. Which, in turn, leads to an unhappy Dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

But she is okay with you scooping it out with your fingers? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 PM

Pitted Kalamata Olives. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I go back and forth between sunflower seeds, honey wheat pretzel twists, and Lagavulin. Usually about a month on each.

Except the Lagavulin, that's a constant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey wheat pretzels are the greatest food invention of all time. Seriously. I go through at least 3 bags a week.

And peanut butter is my ultimate favourite. I eat it nightly by the spoonful (okay, I lied. I actually just scoop it out with my fingers. Nasty I know, but I can't help myself). I went through a phase of trying it as a condiment on just about anything. Believe it or not, hot dogs and peanut butter are delicious. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spread peanut butter on celery stalks. Mmmmmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

With raisins. Ants on a log. The key here for you peanut butter noobs is that the celery must be dry. Wet celery leads to slippery peanut butter. Which leads to a mess. Which leads to an unhappy wife. Which, in turn, leads to an unhappy Dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

But she is okay with you scooping it out with your fingers? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. She doesn't know. She'd be just as revolted by it as everyone else. So don't tell her.

And Dom - raisins on peanut butter and celery is totally standard around these parts. Maybe it's a Canadian thing?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Because of this thread I had a peanut butter sammich for dinner last night.

Years ago my mother bought me a jar of cashew butter. That stuff was awesome! I have never found any for sale but haven't really investigated it. Anyone know of brands of cashew butter or it's availability?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of this thread I had a peanut butter sammich for dinner last night.

Years ago my mother bought me a jar of cashew butter. That stuff was awesome! I have never found any for sale but haven't really investigated it. Anyone know of brands of cashew butter or it's availability?

[/ QUOTE ]
This stuff is really easy to make.

2 cups unsalted roasted cashews
2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar, optional

In a food processor or blender, combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, and the sugar, if desired. Process on high speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and process to desired smoothness, adding more oil, 1 teaspoon at a time, if a smoother butter is desired. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Transfer to a bowl to use as a dip, spread, or in other recipes, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.

You're welcome. PM how much you'd like to transfer me on Stars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 AM

love peanut butter.. first year of college/away from home, I had a lot of comfort foods (processed foods be that as it may).. Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats were one of them, with milk, like at least twice a day.. alone it's not that great but with milk, mmmmm

tragic consequences, the usual, eating junk made me feel like junk a lot of the time, and my body wasn't something to marvel at.