Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Driving from LA to Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
sorry to break it to you Mauricio but you're fct, looking at a 6 hour drive minimum if you don't need to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friday evening and Labor Day weekend is definitely 6 hour minimum and pray for no accidents on the 15N past Devore. Just one accident and you're looking at 8-10 hours. The 210 is a great freeway but expect it to be crowded on a Friday evening. Buy a plane ticket and save yourself the hassle and stress and arrive in Vegas ready to play some poker.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 PM

Another option is to take the Megabus except it won't leave as late as you want and you'll still be in the same amount of traffic but at least you can relax.

Megabus
Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM

Go 4 hours later than you otherwise would have, arrive 2 hour later than you otherwise would have, is the best advice I can give.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another option is to take the Megabus except it won't leave as late as you want and you'll still be in the same amount of traffic but at least you can relax.

Megabus

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. Never heard of that before - looks like tickets are $8 each way if you buy in advance. Are they nice, comfortable buses? Do they get there in a reasonable amount of time (obviously traffic is traffic, but are they maxing out at 55)? Is the clientèle...acceptable?

Please tell.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Megabus

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. Never heard of that before - looks like tickets are $8 each way if you buy in advance. Are they nice, comfortable buses? Do they get there in a reasonable amount of time (obviously traffic is traffic, but are they maxing out at 55)? Is the clientèle...acceptable?

Please tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I have no idea. A friend of mine sent me the link a couple of weeks ago. I would assume that they are nice buses with comfortable, airline style seats. I'd also assume that they don't max out at 55 but this assumption is based on stories I've heard of other Vegas buses. No idea about the clientele but again, I'd assume a bunch of degens with a median age somewhere's around 70. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: Now looking at your OP it seems you're either somewhere in the valley or just over the hill on the westside. IF u really wanna take the 210 just shoot the 405N to the 118E which turns into the 210 then 65 miles to the 15 or so.

If I were in ur shoes tho I'd take the 405N which turns into the 5N, 14N to Lancaster and then shoot the 58 across Mojave and into Barstow. You can really haul ass on the 58. Two lane freeway and no CHP. And don't take the PearBlossom highway ever, dangerous as hell and Slooooooooow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always get stuck behind 4 Winnebagos going 54.5 mph on 58.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:08 AM

Assuming little traffic, early morning or late night, how long from LV to LA--Anaheim/Disney?

What's the max I can set cruise without taking chances?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming little traffic, early morning or late night, how long from LV to LA--Anaheim/Disney?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this the weekend after July 4th. Cruise was 85, with occassional faster spurts.

Gernerally if I was being passed by a few cars, I started to keep up with them, safety in numbers and all that.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edit: Now looking at your OP it seems you're either somewhere in the valley or just over the hill on the westside. IF u really wanna take the 210 just shoot the 405N to the 118E which turns into the 210 then 65 miles to the 15 or so.

If I were in ur shoes tho I'd take the 405N which turns into the 5N, 14N to Lancaster and then shoot the 58 across Mojave and into Barstow. You can really haul ass on the 58. Two lane freeway and no CHP. And don't take the PearBlossom highway ever, dangerous as hell and Slooooooooow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always get stuck behind 4 Winnebagos going 54.5 mph on 58.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go this route, you can always take a break at Diamond Jim's card room in Rosamond. Sit to the left of Lucky Louie he will always call pot sized bets with any draw in the 200 NL game. Also the 3/6 kill plays large, there is a reason they call 7-2 off Rosamond Big Slick.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this past weekend to Anaheim with one stop was less than 4 hours, I hit very little traffic.