Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious if you tilt a lot because you seem super emotional and results oriented after some hands

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, ongoing theme. i pretty much really like playing perfectly (poker theory wise) whenever possible. when i misplay a hand or i do play perfectly but get sucked out on i get very upset. this is just how i am mentally.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think 88 peel is good

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me neither. pretty good flop fold IMO
Old 08-19-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also dont think getting more passive when everyone else is aggressive is good. obviously theres a lot of spots where theres just more value in callign down with a showdownable hand than getting aggressive. but in a game where the pots are bigger and ur opponent has worse hands than normal i think its right to just spew money trying to get them to fold a lot of times even tho it makes u look like an idiot a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if i agree. my idea is to keep the pots small when i have nothing, so its more "right" to just checkfold. but make the pots big when i have something. generally this means being more passive w/ draws low pairs etc (although as you can see in the video i do bluff a fair bit)

anyways i mean some players (hoss_tbf) make a living doing the opposiute of what i just said (trying to win every pot). however i think given my 'passivity' my bluffs work at a higher frequency than many of those players
Old 08-19-2007, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ur reasoning on the qjss hand was really bad. u basicaly said hes never folding but if he calls the turn cr down every time hes gonna vomit money. well hes not vomiting money when u have queen high

[/ QUOTE ]

my thinking is that i should checkraise the turn because if he has some K high hand he will fold, and in addition to that he might (will?) fold pairs lower than 8to my turn raise (and that it's correct for him to do so). if he indeed DOES call down any pair to that turn raise vs my UTG raise hes really hemorraging money but i really cant know that

what do you think i should do on that turn

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont play 6max i have no idea what that guy's range is liek and how he plays it i was just thinking that whatever u were saying to justify ur play didnt make sense. i wasnt like studying ur words intently so i guess i could be being unfair
Old 08-19-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious if you tilt a lot because you seem super emotional and results oriented after some hands

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really tilt a lot anymore. i mean my play didnt really deteriorate much even though i was running like [censored] in this video, but i DO get pissed off at players from time to time. like if some guy on my right has sucked out on me a lot hes getting 3bet by me almost every tiem i have the button. (yeah yeah i know, manifestation of tilt but i like the effect of "whenever you come in you btter come in with something good")
Old 08-19-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is the big deal with the 99 hand. Assuming this was the bet/fold on ace turn that is best way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the "big deal" is that a good player knows i am capable of folding and knows that i have an ace a very small % of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense to me. I think many players capping range includes many aces and the flop went check call. Ok, he knows you are capable of folding, this doesn't mean we should give him free 6 outer in big pot when we have position. Bet/calling in that spot has more merit in a 2/4 game.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is the big deal with the 99 hand. Assuming this was the bet/fold on ace turn that is best way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the "big deal" is that a good player knows i am capable of folding and knows that i have an ace a very small % of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense to me. I think many players capping range includes many aces and the flop went check call. Ok, he knows you are capable of folding, this doesn't mean we should give him free 6 outer in big pot when we have position. Bet/calling in that spot has more merit in a 2/4 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree abt the 6 outer part, it def sucks giving him that. its just frustrating that the A hits there. i mean to be honest i dont think he'd c/r that with just any ace; hed only c/r that with like AK or AQ against my pf cap and flop and turn bet. doing that with a weaker ace is just asking to get 3balled by better hands. so his range is really narrow: AK/AQ or a set or nothing.

but yeah im not really sure there is a great play on that turn overall. just a [censored] spot....
Old 08-19-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the funniest results oriented commentary I've seen. Can't say I'm surprised. And how is like every other decision a tough spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant tell if ur making fun of me or serious. but i really thoiught a lot of the spots were VERY tough given that it was a short 2 tabling session (but thats really what happens when the cards arent falling in ur favor)
Old 08-19-2007, 05:30 AM

also i think its ironic that i made this video because i felt like my 5-6 handed game was deteriorating and that i had to make my money back 2-3 handed a lot after tables start to break. after this table broke i won back all but like 1500 at shorter tables then played a bunch of HU to make it all back and some extra. its funny how im like in this mindset where i just believe its gonna happen every day, and i try not to let it affect my 5-6 handed play but it might anyways?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:22 AM

35:00 Bottom table:
We open J7s in the CO. mindgamer in the button. Charisma3 in the BB. Earlier, we folded marginal holdings in the exact same spot(A4o start of video/T9o @ 25:25) because mindgamer was 3 betting us light. Any reason it changes here?

48:30 A6s hand.
you raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] OTB, potatohead calls from SB, BB folds

flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check bet call
turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check check

yourface already commented on the turn, but it's worth noting that he got the flop wrong, which is QQ7 and not Q77, which is important for my river question.

river comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
You valuebet a flush completing nine. Villain's line is very weak here, but is this value bet too thin?

Thanks for doing this.