Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol...from everything you post you have no idea how to play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

$50 to $4600 in 36 hours and I can't play? Yeah looking forward to seeing your results.

$4600 to $0 in two hours shows I have a tilt / game selection problem. But I can play.

[/ QUOTE ]
when i first started playing cashgames at 25NL i ran 75 up to 1k and then lost it all. I wasnt really a winning player, or break even at best. I was just in an upswing. Especially at PLO luckfactor is way bigger. So it says nothing at all that you ran it up to 4600. My mother could do that if she's lucky.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

$50 to $4600 in 36 hours and I can't play? Yeah looking forward to seeing your results.

$4600 to $0 in two hours shows I have a tilt / game selection problem. But I can play.

[/ QUOTE ]
when i first started playing cashgames at 25NL i ran 75 up to 1k and then lost it all. I wasnt really a winning player, or break even at best. I was just in an upswing. Especially at PLO luckfactor is way bigger. So it says nothing at all that you ran it up to 4600. My mother could do that if she's lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmkay but I've done this many, many times. I'm an experienced PLO player and have been playing it exclusively for the last two years over thousands of hours of play.

I know how to play well and I know how to win; but I never learnt bankroll management or tilt control, so I know how to throw it all away, too. I'm hoping getting staked will lead me to treat money more sensibly now.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone stake a perennial loser with no makeup in the deal? I'm guessing your buddy laughed when he saw your proposal.

Just because you ran hot one session and had donks pay you off a few times doesn't mean your a good player. Your $4600 loss at $5/$10 clearly proves that. It's hard to lose that much money at the stakes you play, but you did it in one afternoon/evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get lost, stop stalking me [censored]. I have you on ignore anyway, but get the [censored] out of my threads.

You really think it's hard to lose $4600 at three-handed $5/$10 PLO with a $1000 buyin?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 AM

If I had to pay him back if I lost, there'd be nothing in it for me. I can't see how any player would agree to that. It's such a small sum I can get hold of it myself from my wages, or I could just borrow £250 or whatever off someone and keep 100% of winnings.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 AM

PLO is such a swingy game i would not be staking anyone at that game, let alone this kid...massively -eV for someone with tilt problems, if ur friend is serious about this, he's an idiot
Old 08-13-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLO is such a swingy game i would not be staking anyone at that game, let alone this kid...massively -eV for someone with tilt problems, if ur friend is serious about this, he's an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a small amount of money, no disaster to lose it for him and the chance of making a nice score. As I said, I only have to be successful 1 time in 10 for it to pay off.

On that site these were my first results:

$60 free bonus into $600, then lost because the goddamn site wouldn't let me withdraw

$200 into $400 into $0 (I never do well with big deposits)

$40 into $1200, then lost because the goddamn site wouldn't let me withdraw

$50 into $4600, then lost because the goddamn site wouldn't let me withdraw

Now I'm with a new skin and can withdraw, it should make all the difference. So long as I switch tables often and transfer him money as I go along, it really will work.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't see my results cause i don't feel the need to start a thread every time i play a hand of poker. you also won't ever hear about me not having enough money for food or transportation because i just dumped the remainder of my bank account on some site and lost it all playing playing like [censored].
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM

You're blaming going broke on not being able to withdraw?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't see my results cause i don't feel the need to start a thread every time i play a hand of poker. you also won't ever hear about me not having enough money for food or transportation because i just dumped the remainder of my bank account on some site and lost it all playing playing like [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Good... shame we have to hear from you at all, though. Pls leave my threads alone.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play PLO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good... shame we have to hear from you at all, though. Pls leave my threads alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
guess alot of pple feel that way, if they all leave there arent much pple left to post in your threads.