Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: continuation bets

Hm I really liked that article. I guess I *am* c-betting like a robot in most cases.. unfortunately that holds true for other parts of my game as well I guess. While I actually know most of the things I should be considering in any given situation, I sometimes find it hard to actually put in the effort and just play by instinct rather than by evaluating and deciding. Anyone else ever face a problem like that and found a good fix?
I have turned off all distracting devices like TV and Radio and it's gotten much better, but especially in the early to mid stages I sometimes still play like stupefied.

Eitherway, considering I'm playing only up to 33s atm, I guess I dont have to get my c-bet % WAY down in the early tournament stages, since most opponents wont be able to defend properly against it. Late in the tournament I'm playing way less automated anyway.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: continuation bets

[ QUOTE ]
Hm I really liked that article. I guess I *am* c-betting like a robot in most cases.. unfortunately that holds true for other parts of my game as well I guess. While I actually know most of the things I should be considering in any given situation, I sometimes find it hard to actually put in the effort and just play by instinct rather than by evaluating and deciding. Anyone else ever face a problem like that and found a good fix?
I have turned off all distracting devices like TV and Radio and it's gotten much better, but especially in the early to mid stages I sometimes still play like stupefied.

Eitherway, considering I'm playing only up to 33s atm, I guess I dont have to get my c-bet % WAY down in the early tournament stages, since most opponents wont be able to defend properly against it. Late in the tournament I'm playing way less automated anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

C-betting too much > c-betting too little.