Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Trying Out The Borg 20/40

Definitely just call the turn.

I bet the river. You beat 66 now, and you're getting a call from a queen and many other hands given the pot size. if you get check/raised, kudos to the guy who did it if he has a 7.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely just call the turn.

I bet the river. You beat 66 now, and you're getting a call from a queen and many other hands given the pot size. if you get check/raised, kudos to the guy who did it if he has a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, its very true that if you play enough at the Borgata you get to know who the regulars are there and how they each play. Seems like same Good and same bad players each time i'm there.

Not to hijack but i have heard that if you want to play 20/40 that the players at the Taj are much worse.

Also that the 40/80 at the borg plays looser and is the game to play at the borg.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM

ACKID is correct that a 3bet turn would have been paid off here, but I guess I saw it more as Aragorn does, and even though there were plenty of reasons that a 3bet might be right, the fact that both opponents were the blinds made me more concerned that one had the case 7.
Rubixx, yeah, it sounds like table/seat selection is something to be proactive about when possible in this game. Good news is that since I usually play Fri-Sun, there's usually multiple tables going.
Any others w/comments about this game vs. the Taj?
Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 AM

I played all day at the taj and I prefer the borgata. The taj is ruff. Pretty much the same type of played. See you at the borgata nex Sunday