Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Why does the XBox 360 suck so much?

I just sent my launch day unit back today. I'm excited though...I should get one with the new heatsink, and hopefully one with a hdmi output. Only bummer is it broke before the Bioshock demo came out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's so freakin fragile it's ridiculous.

I accidentally drop the controller on it from about 1 foot high while a game is playing, and the disc gets scratched beyond repair. Who designed this piece of crap? Shouldn't there be a thing that holds the disc in place?

[/ QUOTE ]

So let's see - you dropped something relatively heavy onto something that is designed to NOT absorb shocks or blows. Now your game doesn't work... If you dropped something hard and relatively heavy on... Anything else electrical(?) and it breaks, at what point are your butterfingers to blame?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could drop a 360 control on any piece of electronics in my house from 1 foot and not have it break.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:45 AM

My 360 just got the ring of death, ugh. I hate my life.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I like the 360. Just a little annoyed that I have to buy the game again (Forza 2).

[/ QUOTE ]

Call MS. There is a good chance you can get them to replace it.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I accidentally drop the controller on it from about 1 foot high while a game is playing, and the disc gets scratched beyond repair. Who designed this piece of crap? Shouldn't there be a thing that holds the disc in place?

[/ QUOTE ]

So let's see - you dropped something relatively heavy onto something that is designed to NOT absorb shocks or blows. Now your game doesn't work... If you dropped something hard and relatively heavy on... Anything else electrical(?) and it breaks, at what point are your butterfingers to blame?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could drop a 360 control on any piece of electronics in my house from 1 foot and not have it break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of a bunch of things in my room that would probably not make it out of an impact like that. Laptop, printer, XBOX (ldo evidently :P) and probably my monitors, depending on the angle of the hit.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 AM

cos it's probably made by third-world wage slaves?
Old 08-17-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Try it on an Xbox 360 and get back to us... Actually, get back to Microsoft for making a [censored] fragile electronic box that has the audacity to NOT DEFY PHYSICS!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 AM

I actually like the 360 (prefer it to a PS3 anyday) as it has a bigger range of games, which at the end of the day is what matters to me as I'm seriously picky when it comes to what I like [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I've not had any problems with my console because I look after it so well, but for rings of death MS have extended the warranty to 3 years anyways. Fair enough I think.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can think of a bunch of things in my room that would probably not make it out of an impact like that. Laptop, printer, XBOX (ldo evidently :P) and probably my monitors, depending on the angle of the hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they made of glass? My laptop and printer would be more than fine.

The MS warranty is funny. First it was 90 days, then it was extended to 1 yr, but apparently that wasn't long enough, so now it's 3 yrs. I hope everyone who has one has the right mind to have something on it 'break' w/in the 3 yrs so you can get a new one. (PS Did it w/ my reg xbox w/ no troubles).
Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they made of glass? My laptop and printer would be more than fine.

The MS warranty is funny. First it was 90 days, then it was extended to 1 yr, but apparently that wasn't long enough, so now it's 3 yrs. I hope everyone who has one has the right mind to have something on it 'break' w/in the 3 yrs so you can get a new one. (PS Did it w/ my reg xbox w/ no troubles).

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am reading the OP correctly, it is not the XBox that was damaged, just the DVD that was in it got scrached - most likely got dislodged while spinning quickly. I guess you could argue that the DVD should be held tightly enough that you can bump it without disc getting dislodged, but not sure how many DVD players would pass that test (particularly if they are spinning the disc in a vertical plane).