Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Verbusto : Robusto :: Almusto : Busto ?
Yeah 6 100.00%
Nay 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: 2007 Kentucky Governor’s Race – Awesome opportunity for us!!!

My letter to McConnell. I scanned and printed my contribtion check to Beshear, in rich color (it looks real) but without my account number, and attached it to my letter to draw attention to the decision voters everywhere, Republicans included, are making.

This election represents the opening salvos of the 2008 race. If gambling wins in a somewhat Southern state, we'll see a decline in the influence of the nanny staters. This is our fight. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

------------------------

August 9, 2007

Senator Mitch McConnell
United States Senate
361-A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator McConnell:

I am writing to share with you my displeasure in your endorsement of Gov. Fletcher. I am most disturbed by his attempts to take the focus off of his own issues by attempting to scapegoat poker and gaming. This pandering to what I call "big government social conservatives" who prefer a nanny state to free will and small government will significantly wound our party going into 2008. I strongly urge you to disavow this man and his nanny state vision for our great state.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

[my name]

Attachments: My letter to Gov. Fletcher and a copy of my contribution to Steve Beshear
Old 08-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 2007 Kentucky Governors Race; Awesome opportunity for us!!!

I am a huge fan of your letter to Ernie. Your comments virtually mirror my sentiments 100%. Excellent Work!

Les
Old 08-09-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a huge fan of your letter to Ernie. Your comments virtually mirror my sentiments 100%. Excellent Work!

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 PM

I think we have a good opportunity to write to national and KY media on this issue. Please remember that this election will set the tone for next year, so let's plant our flag now. If we don't, the media will blame Fletcher's loss on ethics. If we do, they'll credit ethics and anti-nanny state voters.

Kentucky Media Contacts:
Lexington Herald-Leader: www.kentucky.com/369
Kentucky Post: kyedits@cincypost.com
The Courier-Journal: http://www.courier-journal.com/cjconnect/edletter.htm
Others listed at: www.usnewspapers.org/state/kentucky/
Old 08-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Don't forget on election day in Kentucky, take you cell phone to the polling station. Call the RNC. Especially if you WERE
a Republican. And let them know what changed your vote. And get as many of your friends/family to do the same. If the comment,"that [censored] James Dobson." slips out during the
phone call, so be it.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget on election day in Kentucky, take you cell phone to the polling station. Call the RNC. Especially if you WERE
a Republican. And let them know what changed your vote. And get as many of your friends/family to do the same. If the comment,"that [censored] James Dobson." slips out during the
phone call, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also, I've emailed the RNC a few letters, at Chairman@gop.com .
Old 08-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Its a funny thing, when I was a kid, I read Dobson's circular in the church bulletin every week during the seromn(pastor was a dull guy), and loved it. That I have grown up to revile him as a heathen, Nazi sonofabitch is kind of sad. But, I loved the Bush family once upon a time as well. Was I that dumb, or has he changed to be this evil?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its a funny thing, when I was a kid, I read Dobson's circular in the church bulletin every week during the seromn(pastor was a dull guy), and loved it. That I have grown up to revile him as a heathen, Nazi sonofabitch is kind of sad. But, I loved the Bush family once upon a time as well. Was I that dumb, or has he changed to be this evil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here (we didn't get his bulletin, but we did all watch his series on raising a good family that seemed interesting to me at the time). I think the difference is that these people THOUGHT they wanted limited government, but all they really wanted was limits on things with which they didn't agree. I don't know if even they knew this about themselves until they had total control of the federal government. Regardless, they sure enjoyed the fruits of their labor.

It will be interesting to see how things change once they lose power. I guess they'll be supporting term limits and balanced budgets again.

I still like the Bush family... except for one guy who isn't all that bright. I don't like that guy at all.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:20 AM

My Daily Kos entry is at www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/10/111610/524
Old 08-10-2007, 02:02 PM

Nice entry, and Dailykos is a nice lefty site. Though they may actually believe in a nanny state there. I have an inner liberal somewhere I can dig out and try to add some content similar to that in a more Dworkinish mode. Do you by chance know the revenue stream of gaming as it exists in Kentucky? Who are the political winners atm, and have they published an opposition to online gaming before? California 's hostility is something we don't want replicated.