Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: X box elite

I'd get an elite just because there seems to be a higher rate of problems with the regular 360s.

My first premium ran hot and would occasionally freeze, have had an elite since the day it came out and have not had a single problem yet.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM

It's pretty insane that people are so satisfied when their $500 piece of equipment doesn't go busto in the first three months. Sign me up!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd get an elite just because there seems to be a higher rate of problems with the regular 360s.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are rumors online that elites produced from some date in july comes with 65nm processors and the fix for what is believed to have caused the red rings of death. It's probably a good idea to check this out and make sure not to get an old one (I believe you can see the manifacturing date somewhere on the box) if you're buying one soon.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a better processor in the elite too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Share your source plz.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really dont think the premium is even an option seeing how useful the 120gb space is now..

elite is the only way to go unless you are truly a casual gamer who will rarley download demos or arcade games.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I will own a few of the really great arcade games that come out, Castlevania for instance, however I really won't download alot of demos or even movies.

The only movie I thought about was the HD version of 300, but why download it when you only have the ability to play in when your xbox is hooked up, cannot burn it, etc.
Plus, i'm sure an HD movie will take up more space than it is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff Notes: Nobody thinks they'll use up 20GB. Everybody does. Buy premium to save $100, not because you won't use up 20GB.

20GB will go alot faster than you think. If like you TV series (CSI/Southpark/whatever) most are available for download, and in HD. As far as movies, there aren't just new releases. There's tons of classic content: eg- Star Trek IV. There are about 80 arcade games available, with new ones being constantly released. There's a whole lot more than just Geometry Wars and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. You can also enable your 360 to automatically download the new arcade games so you can try them out. You'll be playing a whole lot more than those two games. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And then there's just the random media content. I mean the E3 presentations/demos and other stuff were all available on Live. That alone was many many gigs of content. And you will definitely be downloading demos, even if you never have before. I mean why wouldn't you? Most the demos are rather long and great samples. And all the effort it takes is clicking on a game title, queing up the download and then going to do whatever you want. It can even download demos after you turn your 360 off (it will go into some sort of standby mode and continue downloading, if enabled). And if you're at all interested in programming games for your 360, that just opens up a new can of HD eating worms.

Within a month of owning a 360, you will almost definitely be deleting stuff to make space. But $100 is $100. Alls I am saying here is if $100 is more important to you than occasionally deleting stuff then go with the premium. But don't go with a premium because you don't think you'll fill up 20GB. Nobody thinks they will, but just about every ends up burning through 20GB before they know it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:46 PM

Keep in mind that the 20 GB isn't really 20 GB. It is closer to 14, since some of it is already full.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a better processor in the elite too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Share your source plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats why I said "I THINK"

im fishing for someone with a source for this since ive heard from several people on xbox live that they wish they had an elite cus they seem to think its better internally...

i bought mine for the color and hard drive
Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Citing an "insider source", the gang at Opposable Thumbs are claiming that Microsoft's recent price-cut is aimed at more than just converting PS2-owning Madden fans. It's also aimed at getting old models off the shelf before new, improved 360 Core and Premium models take their place. Ones that come with HDMI as standard, along with a 65nm chip. They claim a release date for this new hardware, which will be "soft-launched" (ie no fanfare), will be in late August or early September, with the new models also having some kind of small sticker or notice showing consumers it's the new model.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/micro...els-287089.php
Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 AM

I have trouble believing that rumor for one reason: MS almost definitely has to have made plans to phase out core systems. The idea of a 360 without an HD is just dumb after all they've done with Live, not to mention all the add-on content for regular games.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 PM

i'm looking to get a 360 and for some reason i'm still drawn on what to get!

mind you, i "owned" a 360 from release all the way until maybe january this year. i say "owned" because it was my brother's and we lived together. i chipped in a few bucks, we bought a 42" HDTV, a 360 premium system and some other random stuff.

we didn't really fill our 20gb hard drive. sure we downloaded demos and some arcade games, but we would play them once or twice and then delete them.

deleting the demos was not to "save space" we just got bored of the demos after playing them once.

as for hd content, tv shows, and movies, i don't see myself ever downloading tv shows or movies. i have a Rogers video store next door that stocks movies and tv shows which i can keep for up to 1 week at a time.

my computer is my media center. it contains my music, a large number of movies and tv shows, so when i wanna listen to music, watch a movie or tv show, i just fire it up on my computer, turn on my tv and away i go. so i will rarely (if ever) use my 360 to store media on there.

currently i own a sharp aquos 32" lcd (2 HDMI inputs), a wii, a pc for a media center, no kick ass stereo system yet. i'm holding off on the stereo because i live in an apartment with a tough building manager.

given the information i provided, convince me why i'm a nit for even questioning whether to get the elite