Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Legends Of Poker Day AA against UTG raiser

[ QUOTE ]
Rest of the stacks and table dynamics are pretty important, particularly the blinds. If the blinds are 15-30 BBs and look like they might be aggro then I like a call. If they are deep or very short then probably shove. I think UTG is about as likely to call any kind of a raise as he is a shove, so shoving is good as it can be a bit deceptive as far as your projected hand strength to both UTG and the rest of the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone behind me was short stack (under 6k) except SB 15K, BB 22K, and both SB,BB are very aggressive players.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(a guy in mid 30s, no read, never played before)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
leaving the old dude less than 10k

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I hate this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I'm also an old guy. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rest of the stacks and table dynamics are pretty important, particularly the blinds. If the blinds are 15-30 BBs and look like they might be aggro then I like a call. If they are deep or very short then probably shove. I think UTG is about as likely to call any kind of a raise as he is a shove, so shoving is good as it can be a bit deceptive as far as your projected hand strength to both UTG and the rest of the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone behind me was short stack (under 6k) except SB 15K, BB 22K, and both SB,BB are very aggressive players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if this isn't a picture perfect time for a smooth-call PF, then I don't know when is.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if this isn't a picture perfect time for a smooth-call PF, then I don't know when is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a "bad beat" story... because as soon as he raised 4bb utg with both of our stack sizes along with short stacks are yet to act, I realized he has a hand and "I'm doubling up here..."

Normally, I shove at this spot against live players representing AK and get actions from pp 95% of the time (even AQ,AJ sometimes). But I figured Day 2 players are generally better than day 1's, I chose to smooth call because:
a. hoping blinds shove given my loose image or at least call for pot odds.
b. if I HU with utg, he'd c-bet most flops and I shove. (like most posters say).
c. raising to 5K will expose that "please call me", rasing more here is same as push to most players.

As played:
I called and HU with utg.

flop J72r.

he bet 500 into a 7000 pot until I pointed out he had to bet a BB (600), he put in another $100 chip. I realized he's one of "lucky left-overs" from day 1 and probably has air or 66 afraid of two over cards. I called. He checked the turn Queen, I bet 1700 wtf!(yes ridiculous, but I tried to get as much as I could), he folded in 0.1 sec.

Later, I saw the same guy opened the pot on the button 3XBB and folded to a SB's 6BB shove.

Adjust plays against different players are just too hard.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:58 PM

lol, well you sure did win his cbet!