Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:42 PM

Default the final word

this is going to happen about 1 time in 500.000 hands, even if you do fold.

this thread is akin to the retards posting hands where they flop quads and they "want to get the maximum"

it just doesn't matter
Old 08-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: the final word

we've got a lot of guys running bad eh? that is the only reason I could think of that you would be desperately making such ridiculous arguments.
(directed towards OP not thehip41)
Old 08-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: A new can we fold to 3-bet preflop thread

[ QUOTE ]

If he bluff raises the river you should just b/c. Do that a few times and showdown TP and then go back to b/f'ing

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn´t really solve the problem does it? 50+ of his hands are ace combos.So he will turn a profit in the long run everytime you bet/call. You must sometimes bet with a better hand than top pair to make his play non-profitable.
Also betting will probably make him fold hands like 77-99 on bad A-boards.

Anyway this isn´t the point here.The only thing that matters is how your approaching this pot and are you prepared to risk folding the best hand by bet/folding?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: A new can we fold to 3-bet preflop thread

[ QUOTE ]
you just typed a 4 page theory on why you should raise, and fold to a tight players 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never folded to a 3-bet in my 500K+ database.That doesn´t mean that I necessarily should be content with that.
And there is no reason to not wonder if I sometimes make the wrong plays.
However it doesn´t really matter much for my winrate because the situation doesn´t come up that often so instead of being battered here I will quit the discussion after this post.

[ QUOTE ]
a tight player that will never fold KK on an A high flop, or will bet/3bet the flop of A85 with AK and you have A5o

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has ever mentioned that I expect him to fold KK?I was just pointing out that when you´re ahead with your Baby ace pair/or pair of 5:s you will often lose 1BB more than when he his ahead (if he can look through your WA/WB play).And 1BB is a huge amount taking into consideration what equity you have to call to begin with.And also for reasons I have mentioned earlier in the thread.Preflop odds is good to have, but when we hit the flop and more than 50% of the times are underdogs (because of A combos and eventual trips)and at the same time must go to the river most of the time when we hit, it is not that great. Taking preflop equity in order to hit our hand and easily getting away from it is another thing than this.

If you have AK and just reraised a tight aggressive guy preflop.The flop comes A85 and you get checkraised.
Do you always 3-bet and then why do you 3-bet? Why doesn´t he play WA/WB with an ace?I would maybe put him on AJ or AQ but is that enough to 3-bet and risk getting checkraised on turn or 4-bet on flop?

[ QUOTE ]

raise/folding to a 3bet in limit PF is retarded, and if anyone actually does this, don't post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations you managed to squeeze in retarded in your post.How polite.

[ QUOTE ]
we've got a lot of guys running bad eh? that is the only reason I could think of that you would be desperately making such ridiculous arguments.
(directed towards OP not thehip41)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I´m running bad (or playing bad)this year.
But I´m still 0.85 BB/100 for the year and almost 1.5 BB/100 over my lifetime at 3/6 and above so I really don´t need those comments.