Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: $109 EPT Satellite - Tough Fold?

[ QUOTE ]

Apparently, it is not as basic as you think it is. You have given no
arguments to show why min raising is bad. Its as though you are
simply repeating a mantra that you have heard from recognized
"strong" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did make an argument. I noted in my second post in this thread that if you min - raise just a certain part of your range UTG then you are telegraphing what you have and making yourself very easy to play against. MLG just made the point in a more succinct fashion.

You contend you are min - raising your entire range. Obviously, if you min - raise into pots you are keeping them small - and will sometimes have one or both of the blinds in with mediocre holdings on the basis that they feel compelled to call because of the price being layed to them - and therefore oop to you post - flop.

However, I think most people will enter pots UTG with a fairly tight range and often figure to have the best hand. As such, I like making people pay more than the minimum - thus getting money in but also discouraging numerous calls behind you.

Most people won't play well enough post - flop that you can constantly be playing multi - way pots for a profit from UTG.

As such, I dislike it as a strategy - but maybe it could work for players with an exceptional post - flop game. In my experience, even very good tournament players play best pre - flop and on the flop - so I perfer to get more money in on the earlier streets as I am aware of my weakest points.

Good luck.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: $109 EPT Satellite - Tough Fold?

Without reading any posts besides the original, my guess is that you pushed and he had AA/KK or else you wouldn't be posting this. I personally don't like the min raise but you got what you want.

You cannot fold this w/under 20 bb's. It's a tough fold for under 30 actually. Tough cooler.