Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Post your Mario Striker Charged Friend Code

hey croshow, i'm in victoria too. just thought i'd point that out.

i can see how strikers could start getting boring. i haven't had all that much time to play so i'm still excited about it. it's fun to play with buddies too.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 AM

Finished all the cups a couple weeks ago with friends over, a full compliment so we could really screw the computer. It worked, but then we put the game away for forseable future. It angered us.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 PM

El Yerrid: 498326 204167.

I'd love to play against people who aren't button mashers.

I haven't played online as much as others I'm sure but it's pretty amazing how many people just keep doing the same thing over and over. They also aren't as easy to beat as I would like and often are the same types that disconnect.

Hammer spammers are overly hyped. They do suck horribly and it's one of those deals where if you mistime it once you can be hosed. However, people spam everything. A lot of people spam everything though. Birdo and Petey are quite common I find. Basically anybody that chooses Petey is going to suck to play against.

Then there's the guys with a bajillion hits. Their arms must be in good shape from shaking the remote all game. It's usually fairly easy if you're passing well but these guys can manage to get a lot of shots from hitting and then shooting and they always seem to run well at getting items for their trouble. It also reduces the punishment for hitting without the ball because you can only get two items at once.

On the other side are the speed passers who just keep passing until somehow it gets to their one shooter. I've found that smashing the [censored] out of the shooter is the way to go here, but if they have some balanced guys or even play makers they can score off bicycles. The real problem with these guys is that they really are just kind of hitting buttons. The top guys pass a ton as well. The only games I've gotten completely blown out of were guys that worked the ball around like crazy and I couldn't do anything about it. The big difference is that good players actually have some vague plan that isn't just keep hitting A until it gets up to a shooter fully charged.

A huge part of the problem with this game is that while it's fun, it would be a hell of a lot better if the AI adjusted. That would probably be hard for them to do, but if they keep making those lob passes all game the guys you don't control should start getting into position to stop it. Same goes for other stuff like skill shots that stun the keeper. If they adjusted that would be a lot better. Of course, that would lead to fewer goals when the scores are already pretty low but maybe making the pitch bigger would help with that.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:36 AM

390954 010723
goofyballa

I'm not that great but I'd be down to play.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:36 AM

DJ: 133253 822815