Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Aces, 10/20 Stud 8

I think I play it about the same, but I don't enjoy it.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Results

I spiked the case A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river! and life was good. It turns out my two pair was enough though.

Seat 1: checks
Hero: bets $20
Seat 5: raises $20 to $40
Seat 6: calls $40
Seat 1: calls $40
Hero: raises $20 to $60
Seat 5: raises $20 to $80
Seat 6 calls $80
Seat 1: calls $80
Hero: calls $80

Seat 5: shows 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (HI: a pair of Sevens; LO: 7,5,4,3,2)
Seat 6: shows 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (HI: a pair of Tens; LO: 7,5,4,3,2)
Seat 1: shows J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (HI: two pair, Jacks and Nines)
Entropy xx: shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (HI: a full house, Aces full of Queens)

Seat 6 had about what was expected, and 75432 on fifth with 6s live is not a good spot for me to be in. Seat 5 is a regular who seems in general to be good (better than me), but he clearly overplayed his hand on the big streets, especially when Seat 6 could easily have 7-5 perfect and have him drawing dead (probably not better since she wasn't raising 7th.) Goes without saying that Seat 1 played his hand badly.

I two-dimes'd our exact hands (and dead cards) on fifth and sixth; on fifth I had ~ 12% equity, seat 6 had 55%, seat 1 had 21%, and seat 5 had 13%.

On sixth I had 36%, Seat 6 had 52%, and the other two had 6% and each needed a miracle (case 7, case A to win high (as long as I didn't improve), one of 3 3s to chop low (as long as 6 didn't improve) for seat 5, one of 2 Js or the case 9 for high as long as I didn't improve).

So getting roughly 4-1 with heavy reverse implied odds I should definitely fold 5th for two more. Even being live doesn't help much (I changed out the dead 8 and Q and it only goes to 14%).