Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: K9 3 way action

[ QUOTE ]
when villain has the lead from preflop we don't really have to worry about giving free cards as almost noone will take them when it is 3handed or less. if the pot is 4 or 5 handed I will lead out some hands on boards that I expect villain to check through frequently

when the pot is unraised, again it comes down to the value of that free card relative to the value you get by inducing bluffs, or even having villain catch a second best hand he will pay off with.

also consider that most aggressive villains will be betting most of the hands that you are afraid of giving free cards to (straight and flush draws, any pair), which lets you raise

btw I'm not trying to lecture you, I just like talking poker and it's helpful for me to put my thoughts into words

[/ QUOTE ]

right I think I am pretty much on the same wavelength. If this hand was 5 handed and unraised pf I would think donking is the better play. and my only argument for making it here is that MP just limped pf, and if his stats say he is a loose passive fish then he probably won't bet the flop unless he has a hand, but will likely call with just about any conceivable holding (backdoor flush or straight draws, bottom pair, or even A high).

In this situation if we can trust the MP limper to take a stab a decent portion of the time then going for the c/r is the better play. I guess reads would have helped here.

oh yeah and bet the turn....