Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: AA.. the reason I might play a loosing session.

1. Should you raise the flop or wait for the turn to raise ?

Lets say that BB's flop bet suggests that he has an overpair to the flop. Lets give SB and the button a range consisting between flush/straight draws or a pair.

I think that you would probably have about 50% equity on the flop against the above range, so that raising the flop would be correct, because you would be giving up too much equity to wait to raise a safe turn card.

2. Should you cap the flop ?

If you think that the BB would only 3-bet the flop with 2 pair or a set, then calling as opposed to capping makes sense.

3. Should you call down from the turn ?

If BB just made a boat, or either of your other opponents had a T, then you would only have 2 outs, which would be insufficient to justify calling down. Edit: This is assuming that you did not cap the flop.

I am really not sure whether I could fold AA in this situation because the pot just seems to be too big, but I must admit that it does not look very encouraging.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh indeed, 51% against 2 people is high [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

.25 BB is indeed a big edge in limit.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: "Pretty terrible" is overstating it a bit considering we are always calling one more on the river. (So we don't really make two extra bets when we hit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I just make a thread about one of my pet peeves and then I see another the next day. If you're so certain we're beat on the turn, and we have odds to peel, why is it impossible that the correct line is call turn/fold river?

BTW I think checking through this drawy board after being the flop aggressor is pretty bad, but I also wouldn't have capped the flop either.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 PM

I think there might be some bias from the title and the comments floating around this thread. If you had cut the action after showing the turn card I think we would have gotten a much better discussion.

I think capping the flop is not a big mistake given BBs range is pretty much TT, JJ, QQ, KK (AA, KQ) and we are only behind TT (KQ). After you capped the flop, leading turn seems OK given the extra T reduces the likelyhood of beeing behind to BB. When button raises you are drawing to two outs tho. I'm not calling river.

Edit, Calling flop and popping a 'safe' turn (non K,Q,J,7) would be OK too but we are pretty much commited to showdown if we do.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 PM

With this coordinated flop all straight and flush draws are gonna stay til the river. We do not have any back door draws since our Ace is the Ace of Spades. We suffer from reverse implied odds. No need to pump bets into the pot.

I call flop and re-evaluate turn. If the action gets heavy I might even fold here as somebody may have made trips or could already have a made srtaight. But as always I like to consider who is doing the betting/raising and the size of the pot.