Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: river two pair

[ QUOTE ]
against a "dumb" unknown its likely not going to be a free showdown raise however to rule out AA AK or even something like KT is a little too pessimistic. honestly how often do you see people showing up with these hands in weird enough spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is not a fs raise and I also agree that AA and AK are unlikely, but we did call the turn. In order to do this we should put him on something we are drawing live against. So I think the real debate is whether to even call the turn raise.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: river two pair

Even unknowns usually 3bet w/AA-AK, especially in LP. Dumb players love to call raises with suited Aces (like A-3s turning a wheel or A-Xh flopping nut flush draw and semibluff raising). I think these hands are much more likely then AA-AK. A set shoould have raised the flop to charge heart draws, but then again, you said he looks dumb. And a turned set is just awful play on his part (calling the flop, that is).
Once you called the turn raise,
Bet/call the river and hope he comes back if you lose.