Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: [censored] spot with 88

I think 2.5x at a ft here is standard this gives me room to c-bet flops and fold even though I have a strong pair and a good chunk of my stack in if I feel beat which is rarely.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I argue against it being standard. With that particular betsize, offering these odds to the blinds, the awkward potsize post if action. The boards you must read etc etc makes the way the hand is played a bundle of difficult situations.
It is not clear to me what one wishes to achieve pf with betsize, response to action pf or post. What board to hope for. Managment of pot. Basically to me this is very nonstandard. But you blurt out standard and well played and just unlucky or similar. I want the reason behind. The pf raise is far from obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Well calling pre flop is very weak so we'll rule that out. A 2.5 raise is standard raise at this stage of the tournament. So what would you rather do? Raise larger so only hands the kill us get involved? (credit to above poster). You keep saying this isnt standard and you dont like the betsize but havent offered a better alternative. Unfortuantely this is just one of those situations where we have played the hand right and still got [censored]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So MP2 has coldcalled and raise and a call for almost half his stack? I think you should let him shove before deciding what to do.

As played, with the fact that MP1 can't really expect you to fold here, and the fact that most players, even huge stacks, like to cooperate on the final table, I can't see how you can be ahead here ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must agree here. I think after MP2 coldcalled both PF and Flop he has you both crushed, unless he's really really bad.
So if you shove turn ur playing for 80K (your turn stack) left against MP1 who will always call your push. MP1 also knows this, so if he's not a total donk, he has you.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a read-dependent decision more so than anything else.

This looks to me like villain is floating the flop and bluffing the turn, thinking you might be c-betting with two overcards. If he's capable of floating, I can jam here. Against a non-thinking ABC type player, I fold.

It's really, really tough to fold with so many chips in the pot. But if I'm up against that type of player, I bite the bullet and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

you notice MP overcalled allin and had less then the bet I was making. but not by that much villian is playing vs me for a 14kish sidepot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the sidepot ~30k?