Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: $60 - L2 AQs - it is too late to fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
As I see it, 15 cards are terrible for you on the river (non-club K, J, T, 9, 8). They either beat you or let someone bluff you off the pot. To me, that is too many cards to let people see the river for free. I bet around 400 on the turn expecting to win the pot most of the time. If I get called I check the river unless a club comes. If I get check-raised all-in, I probably fold, but I expect that to be very rare. The board is too coordinated for opponents to check through a hand they would check-raise all-in.
Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting 400 on the turn with the intention of folding to a c/r would be massive spew.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: $60 - L2 AQs - it is too late to fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If nobody has much of anything, you win the small pot on the turn instead of the river, so what's the point of betting? Knock out draws, I suppose, but really I'm more than happy to take that chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I see it, 15 cards are terrible for you on the river (non-club K, J, T, 9, 8). They either beat you or let someone bluff you off the pot. To me, that is too many cards to let people see the river for free. I bet around 400 on the turn expecting to win the pot most of the time. If I get called I check the river unless a club comes. If I get check-raised all-in, I probably fold, but I expect that to be very rare. The board is too coordinated for opponents to check through a hand they would check-raise all-in.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt anyone is bluffing you off the pot OOP if one of the scare cards come. I mean, those cards suck, but they don't always beat you, and you still have showdown value.

Also note that we are less than thrilled with a c/c on the turn, in a spot where we are by no means confident we are ahead.

This is a fairly rare scenario, really, in which Hero's hand just isn't as good as it looks, and position is a huge advantage on the river, so I'm happy to just keep the pot small and see what develops.

If there is literally a zero chance that either Villain is slow-playing, which I highly doubt, maybe I can find a bet. But I really think it would be thin. Sometimes you just let people draw (if they are) and see what happens.