Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: reacting to a thief?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hasnt yet, probably never will.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i've missed past threads where you gave concrete examples from your history, but i'd like to hear some true stories of when you actually did what you are advocating.

examples of when a simple action would suffice to end the confrontation, but you decided to bust some heads.

maybe you have plenty, and maybe there has been no repercussions, but maybe you've just been lucky so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wont give any stories that I have personally done, but I will give you some that I have witnessed:

I already gave the one about getting stabbed in teh calf, bar fight broke out, I was trying to get one of my friends to back off, he hit a guy, guy went down, while he was on teh ground he pulled a knife out, and cut be pretty good, I didnt realize it until he ran out of the bar.

Playing roller hockey, at a open skate, one of my friends accidently hits a guy in teh face with teh top end of his stick, his nose starts bleeding, and the kid left, after the game Im taking off my pads, and I hear my buddy scream, the kids two brothers took a stick and broke his jaw, even though he apologized, I still had my skates and pads on, so they were gone before I could even get over to teh other side of the rink.

2 months ago, an acquaintance goes to pick up some money, a deal went bad, the guy runs his explorer at this kid, hits him, kids face is [censored] up, kid gets away clean.

Ive seen tons and tons of random bottle over the heads, and bar fights where no one gets in any real trouble, even though someone was hospitalized

I once saw a kid get into a fight, fights over, everybody is calm, the kid walks away, comes back, and breaks a bottle over the other guys head, but with the bottom end, ie, stabbed like a knife. Kid walks out of bar, and no one knows anything because the two parties had no idea who eachother were.

if you want more examples, come to Soulard Mardi Gras in st louis, right before the sun goes down.

EDIT

here is one I know Ive told before, so Im not too worried about it. Im on a date, at this dive bar, there is some punk neighboorhood kid that Ive gotten into it with before becuase he hangs out at the bar I work with, Im on a date, with a chick I actually really like. We are sitting at teh bar BSing with my friend who is tending bar, and he bar slides me, which is if you dont know, when a tough guy comes up to you while you are sitting and "accidently" runs into you. No matter, I dont really fight much or give a [censored] about non-business matters, but he does it again, and then spills a drink on me. Whatever, I dont want to look like a douche in front of the girl so I laugh it off, and tell him to sober up. So he then "accidently" drips some on the girls dress Im with. I tell her to go up and sing some kareoke before I close out my tab, then we will go. she goes up, I take the kids hand al a the scene w/ Luca Brasi, hold his hand on the bar, and I flip out and go to town on his fingers with one of those ceramic napkin holders, then we left.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 PM

first of all it makes no sense for him to try to pick me up this way, diablo. How am I supposed to take a guy home that's gonna steal all my stuff?

second, guids is the only one that wants revenge?

Also note that there are witnesses riding the train, I'm in shorts and a bike jersey, and construction worker is in municipal uniform. But how do you keep this guy at bay, waiting for the cops to show?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first of all it makes no sense for him to try to pick me up this way, diablo. How am I supposed to take a guy home that's gonna steal all my stuff?

second, guids is the only one that wants revenge?

Also note that there are witnesses riding the train, I'm in shorts and a bike jersey, and construction worker is in municipal uniform. But how do you keep this guy at bay, waiting for the cops to show?

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact is though, you cant relly do much if you arent willing to take things into your own hands. the guy who said it earlier about the fact taht you really cant prove anything, is right. You could have just let him steal the bike, tailed him, while calling teh cops, but if you have the bike in your possession, whaddya gonna do?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM

funniest picture i've ever seen
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 PM

always keep a gun in your car. that's what i do.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:01 PM

And don't let anyone steal your car out of the bike rack on a train. It's just wrong, that's all.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And don't let anyone steal your car out of the bike rack on a train. It's just wrong, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

blarg, could you clear out your pm box? ty
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 PM

guids is right, if you're willing to be violent with a complete stranger, you will generally get away with it. most people are not violent, and are unwilling to be violent unless they are in a truly extraordinary situation.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Guids - I have a hard time even reading your posts because of your intentional use of "teh" with no reason or context. It's really irritating. Why do you do that?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:56 PM

a 4k bike??? Damn. For 4k its gotta be slick. 4k would basically pay my rent for the next 10 months.