Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Can he become really good at poker?
no 46 51.11%
yes 44 48.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Lance Armstrong and Doping

Lance has probably been tested more than any athlete in the world. He has always come out clean.

The French anti-doping agencies, who hate him, spent several years trying to prove his guilt. They gave up.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am shocked it is 85% yes and 15% no.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're going to be technical...

The poll question asks "Did he take PEDs?".

It mentions nothing about ILLEGAL PEDs. In other words, a multivitamin would count.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am shocked it is 85% yes and 15% no.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're going to be technical...

The poll question asks "Did he take PEDs?".

It mentions nothing about ILLEGAL PEDs. In other words, a multivitamin would count.

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon after you post a great basketball thread, you prove, without a doubt, you are still an idiot.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 AM

Armstrong for me is a question of: Does the end justify the means? I mean sure he probably cheated his ass off, but then again no one in this country would care about cycling without him. He has also raised millions for cancer research that would not be there without him. He probably cheated, but he did so much good with his cheating that its hard to hate the guy or judge him like we do other cheaters.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:16 AM

[censored] the haters.

He was soundly hated by the French all the years he was dominating their tour. As has been posted, he was tested constantly and was always clean. Vive Lance!

Oh yeah. [censored] the French, too.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lance has probably been tested more than any athlete in the world. He has always come out clean.

The French anti-doping agencies, who hate him, spent several years trying to prove his guilt. They gave up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds has never tested positive either. put a poll up like this, and "Bonds took PED" would get > 90% of the votes.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonds has never tested positive either. put a poll up like this, and "Bonds took PED" would get > 90% of the votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I'm shocked that 15% really believe he didn't do it.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a book you may have heard of called "Game of Shadows", it is well worth the read. Lumping Bonds and Armstrong into the same boat is crazy talk.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:56 AM

What has been the response in USA with Rasmussens dropping? In Australia they've had a few interviews with the Australians left in the race and they were filthy, one of the interviews I saw was had about 5 words that had to be censored with in the first 2 sentences. I try to hope that this means there are real clean athletes in their.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a book you may have heard of called "Game of Shadows", it is well worth the read. Lumping Bonds and Armstrong into the same boat is crazy talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

neither Bonds nor Lance have tested positive, despite being tested multiple times. I'm not lumping them together any more than that. there is more 2nd hand evidence and hearsay that Bonds took PED's, but plenty of this hearsay exists for Lance as well.

I'm just saying that while "they have never tested positive, so they are innocent" is fine for the courts, it doesn't change what I think they did.

and I will add this: the fact that there are so many people willing to crucify Bonds for what he's done, yet so many ardent Lance backers (at least there were before this Tour), when they have the same amount of positive tests, is more than a little ridiculous. This has more to do with Bonds being a jerk, and Lance being a heroic cancer survivor, than the evidence. Race plays a large role as well.