FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: I think I may have re-torn my ACL

my knees feel great
Old 07-26-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck man!

FWIW - I had the same kind of thing going on with my knee. I had ACL surgery in January and slipped drunkenly in May and felt a pop. The ACL turned out to be fine, but I did retear some cartilage which required a 2nd smaller operation.

I had pops and stuff like that a lot during rehab. A lot of it is fluid moving around in there as there will still be swelling 7 weeks after.

Anyways, good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close to right on the money, if you had retorn it, there would be some more noticable swelling (I'm hoping you're going to PT 7 weeks out, and that your initial swelling is pretty much gone, if it's not your PT is doing a sucky job at edema management). More than likely the pop you hear was some tearing of connective tissue that had gotten laid down wrong in the healing process, which happens and is normal. If there's no pain or swelling from it, you're probably in the clear.

Have you noticed any catching or excess popping when going up and down stairs or in your normal movements? If so, you could have somehow managed to catch a meniscus, but I highly doubt it, since there's usually a lot of twisting motion associated with that. Anyway, get to your orthopedist just to make sure, but you're probably in the clear.

Oh, btw, I'm an ATC and halfway along in a PT school doctorate program, so I mostly know my [censored].
Old 07-26-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I jumped off a second story balcony two weeks ago and my heel still hurts, I think I sprained it, so I can feel what you're going through, sucks man

[/ QUOTE ]
lolz whats the story behind this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at a party in the valley and everyone was drunk. I was standing on the balcony just chillin, when everyone started saying that they had always wanted to jump off of it (house of a long-time friend). Obv I had to be a champ, so I took a deep breath and off I went. Landed on my feet, but my left heel has been killing me ever since, and this was two weeks ago. I walked on it for like a total of 20+ hours in Vegas last weekend also, which hurt like hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured someone threw a chalupa out the window and you dove for it.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I jumped off a second story balcony two weeks ago and my heel still hurts, I think I sprained it, so I can feel what you're going through, sucks man

[/ QUOTE ]
lolz whats the story behind this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at a party in the valley and everyone was drunk. I was standing on the balcony just chillin, when everyone started saying that they had always wanted to jump off of it (house of a long-time friend). Obv I had to be a champ, so I took a deep breath and off I went. Landed on my feet, but my left heel has been killing me ever since, and this was two weeks ago. I walked on it for like a total of 20+ hours in Vegas last weekend also, which hurt like hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured someone threw a chalupa out the window and you dove for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i [censored] wish, there was no taco bell at this party
Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM

I don't know why some people don't like u.. u always make me laugh.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why some people don't like u.. u always make me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]
tyty
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, btw, I'm an ATC and halfway along in a PT school doctorate program, so I mostly know my [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbossman, good stuff.

OP - hang in there. A similar thing happened to me, and my ortho just wiggled my knee around, saw that it didn't give out, and said it was just the meniscus.

MM, can I get some professional advice? I tore both my ACLs about 10 years ago, had them repaired, and have been fine until a couple years ago when I damaged the meniscus in one of the knees. I have to ice it after doing anything with running/kicking/squatting involved. Is there any surgery that can repair meniscus, or am I stuck like that? Also, does glucosamine really work for damaged cartilege?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:13 PM

I think they can do surgery on your pussy to make it stop hurting to much.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:37 PM

mmm,

I do PT twice a week, but I still have significant swelling in my joint. After the pop it was more swollen.

I talked to my surgeon today, he thinks it was scar tissue or something else moving around in the knee. The graft shouldn't be damaged.

Of course, a BBV4L thread must include pics and a trip report. Here's my knee about a week after surgery:

I went to Steamboat, CO in February. One night, my bud mentions that they have a terrain park course. So we sign up the next day. I'm a skier, he's a snowboarder, so we end up in different groups.

I'm the oldest dude in my group (27). The next oldest is 12. But we all get along and I'm doing railslides, halfpipes, step-ups and flattop jumps with all of them.

Then the instructor sends us down the snowcross course. First trip down he nails one of the kids out of his skis. On the next trip down I come off one of the jumps and see a 10 year old directly in my landing zone. I instinctively set a hockey stop brake --- while in midair. So when I land the jump my forward momentum torques me over the knee. Incredible pain results.

I'm getting better and better tho, hope to iron out this slight limp I have soon. I've been doing wobble board and stationary bike at PT, and I just signed up for a pool membership.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I was def going insane earlier today.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:04 PM

Here's a pic of my heel after jumping off the balcony last week. As you can see, I definitely know the pain that you're suffering through. Hopefully we'll both make it through alright!