Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: I suck at blind steals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that Vil didnt just 'vpip'. He RAISED so so his vpip doesnt apply here.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you are talking about AF it does ... AF is a stat created by the "total" amount of actions taken. It's an indication of how agressive your opponent's 'general' post flop game is ...

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is I *think* his 3-pop range is the same as mine and everyone else who raises 10% of his hands and the 12% vpip has nothing to do with it thats all. He is simply agressive from the blinds ("AF is a stat created by the "total" amount of actions taken" yes... but its not a measure of the amount of actions taken. Agression factor is a relationship between calling and bet/raise/folding and this guy just isnt calling. That does not nessesarily mean he is not defending)

[ QUOTE ]
also, if this guy defended his blind at all by calling his vpip would be much higher withouth influencing the pfr

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true

[ QUOTE ]
Any information we can extract about hand ranges will derive from the pfr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
so - i don't get your point ... we are getting killed then - an oop 3betting range by this guy is at the very least is KQs (and that's pushing it)

[/ QUOTE ]

[Jesus] -"you said it man" [/Jesus] But it is not the vpip of an ubernit that suggests this. His 3-pop range is the same as mine and everyone else who raises 10% of his hands and the 12% vpip has nothing to do with it thats all. He is simply agressive (as defined by AF) from the blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
The relative numbers of vpip-pfr -> agg factor will then just be a reflection of how well he plays (if converged).

[ QUOTE ]
agression has nothing to do with 'how well someone plays'

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me what you think I meant with that statement and it will be easier to comment.

[ QUOTE ]
and this guy isn't a 'TAG'

[/ QUOTE ]

So for the record, how should 12/10/3 be characterized and how does his 3-jam range from the BB typically differ from an 18/9.5/2.5?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: I suck at blind steals

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that Vil didnt just 'vpip'. He RAISED so so his vpip doesnt apply here.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you are talking about AF it does ... AF is a stat created by the "total" amount of actions taken. It's an indication of how agressive your opponent's 'general' post flop game is ...

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is I *think* his 3-pop range is the same as mine and everyone else who raises 10% of his hands and the 12% vpip has nothing to do with it thats all. He is simply agressive from the blinds ("AF is a stat created by the "total" amount of actions taken" yes... but its not a measure of the amount of actions taken. Agression factor is a relationship between calling and bet/raise/folding and this guy just isnt calling. That does not nessesarily mean he is not defending)

[ QUOTE ]
also, if this guy defended his blind at all by calling his vpip would be much higher withouth influencing the pfr

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true

[ QUOTE ]
Any information we can extract about hand ranges will derive from the pfr.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
so - i don't get your point ... we are getting killed then - an oop 3betting range by this guy is at the very least is KQs (and that's pushing it)

[/ QUOTE ]

[Jesus] -"you said it man" [/Jesus] But it is not the vpip of an ubernit that suggests this. His 3-pop range is the same as mine and everyone else who raises 10% of his hands and the 12% vpip has nothing to do with it thats all. He is simply agressive (as defined by AF) from the blinds.

[ QUOTE ]
The relative numbers of vpip-pfr -> agg factor will then just be a reflection of how well he plays (if converged).

[ QUOTE ]
agression has nothing to do with 'how well someone plays'

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me what you think I meant with that statement and it will be easier to comment.

[ QUOTE ]
and this guy isn't a 'TAG'

[/ QUOTE ]

So for the record, how should 12/10/3 be characterized and how does his 3-jam range from the BB typically differ from an 18/9.5/2.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

"He is simply agressive from the blinds"

dude ... i've got a headache now ... where do you get this from [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

note: my reply was about the AF stat, not about any hand ranges

<font color="red">*********************** </font>

take

"AF is a stat created by the "total" amount of actions taken" yes... but its not a measure of the amount of actions taken"

<font color="green">it certainly is ... as the stat is relative to the amount of actions/opportunities that a player takes</font>

plus this

":Agression factor is a relationship between calling and bet/raise/folding and this guy just isnt calling"

now:
how do you think the amount of hands (that is, the amount of flops seen) influences the AF (in relation to aggressiveness) ... i'll leave you with that

also ... as stated before (check the agression frequency stat)

and something to thing about:

how many less post flop bet/raise actions this guy is taking compare to a guy that is say 20/16/3.8

think about totals not just R/C ... think about R+C vs R/C - and how that relates to the actual aggressiveness of a player

betting and raising TPTK and free carding a flush draw (or maybe betting the turn) is not aggressive (thats standard ABC play)