Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: When callers beat you to the pot at limit poker - Angle shoot?

What I want to know is, if they verbalize "I call" before you've bet, can you then bet as much as you darn well want at that point (NL) and is their call binding?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to know is, if they verbalize "I call" before you've bet, can you then bet as much as you darn well want at that point (NL) and is their call binding?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rules for when a bet is committed to the pot are completely different in limit and NL, so this thread would not be the best place to discuss NL.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets take it a step further:

Overzealous caller slings chips in while you are grabbing chips. So once they get in there, calmly check...then raise.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Competent dealer tells Opponent that you have not acted yet. He says "Sorry, I thought he was betting and I was calling."
You check.
He checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Player #2 overzealously acted out of turn. If Player #1 doesn't "change the action" and checks, Player #2's bet stands, and Player #1 can pop him.

And Player #2 learns to never toss their chips in prematurely ever again, but not before competant dealer probably ends up having to call the floor after Player #2 complains to high heaven about the situation he put himself in.

This situation I just wrote out pretty much never ever happens, but if it did the dealer would/should also then keep an eye on Player #1, as someone who would pull out the above perfectly legal maneuver on an overzealous player may have the potential in them to run a shot as well.