Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Man vs Wild is fake

I've always said Survivorman is the real pimp.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dang. I was watching this just yesterday. The first time I saw it months ago I was thoroughly impressed, but the second time [yesterday] i was noticing all the stupid camera shots and cut aways and I started to become really suspicious of everything. I knew for a fact that he wasn't doing everything the exact way he said he was, especially because the camera man had to follow him all the time. This is disappointing, but not surprising at all.

In case anyone doesn't know though, Les Stroud who does Survivor Man is the absolute real deal. I love this dude and he inspired me to try my own survival trip.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Stroud

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol at calling this guy "the real deal". What on that wiki makes him the real deal. This has already been discussed here, and its clear that Man v. Wild host Bear Grylls is more of a "real deal"

[/ QUOTE ]

Bear Grylls just does some hard core [censored] on camera that thousands and thousands of people could do to make some money. Wow he can't fight good, who cares? I can see people who know how to fight on every god damn channel. Bear Grylls wouldn't bite the head off the snake if there wasn't money in it, he wouldn't do anything on his show if it weren't for money. Thats why Les Stroud is the real deal.

Les Stroud went to the middle of [censored] nowhere with some food and his wife, built a cabin from scratch and lived in it for a god damn year, going back to civilization for family emergencies twice. In my book thats way more hard core than biting the head off a snake.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will pay you to recreate feats of Bear Grylls. First up, drink the liquid out of elephant [censored].
Old 07-24-2007, 11:52 PM

No love for that guy who went up to Alaska and filmed a special about the log cabin he built from scratch and lived in for like 20 years? He makes Bear look like a city boy.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No love for that guy who went up to Alaska and filmed a special about the log cabin he built from scratch and lived in for like 20 years? He makes Bear look like a city boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was awesome too.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Living like it's the 17th century is not bad ass, it's just stupid. Give me an SAS soldier any day over a redcoat, regardless of where he sleeps at night.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM

I saw on episode of Man vs Wild and it seemed hella corny. Survivorman is the [censored] though.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read a novel by T.C. Boyle called Drop City, and survivalists of this type in Alaska were a pretty major chunk of the book. It's a good read.

[ QUOTE ]
Bear Grylls wouldn't bite the head off the snake if there wasn't money in it, he wouldn't do anything on his show if it weren't for money

[/ QUOTE ]

No way! You mean he gets paid to do this show? Get out.

[ QUOTE ]
Les Stroud went to the middle of [censored] nowhere with some food and his wife, built a cabin from scratch and lived in it for a god damn year, going back to civilization for family emergencies twice. In my book thats way more hard core than biting the head off a snake.

[/ QUOTE ]

and this is relevant how? The point of Man v. Wild is how to get out of the wilderness as quickly as possible, not how long you can survive without going back to civilization.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 AM

Whats kind of dumb is Bear could obv do what Les does but obv u can't have two shoes that are identical so they went the "extreme" route instead.

Of the two Bear is obv far more badass overall but in terms of shows Survivorman > than all.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Living like it's the 17th century is not bad ass, it's just stupid. Give me an SAS soldier any day over a redcoat, regardless of where he sleeps at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's awesome is what it is. You or I(and I don't know you but I still feel very safe saying that) couldn't come close to doing something like that, and he did it with simple hand tools all alone in the middle of nowhere. And he didn't just scrape by, he lived in a HOUSE. Drop this guy and Bear off truly alone for a year, and I bet Bear would do worse even though probably about 35 years younger. Any fool can crawl in a cave at night. Building a house with hand tools and winter approaching is another order of accomplishment.