Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: I see how to datamine Ongame - anyone up for coding this?

I know what you mean... happened to me too. I don't know what's going on either. Doesn't explain why the script isn't working though...

It seems like the part where it downloads the file isn't working - maybe you blocked AHK from accessing the internet?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM

Also, could you take a look at the temp.txt file and tell me what it contains?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Sure, the contents of the temp.txt file are pasted below. By the way, just for kicks, i rebooted my entire computer and started up PR and the miner very first thing, and it's just writing the empty 25-byte .txt files again. I did have ZoneAlarm running, but every time it asked me whether i wanted to allow/deny something, i clicked allow. And then i even shut ZA down when i first started having problems with the miner, but nothing seemed to fix it.
(have your trials with the miner resulted in the 25-byte file thingy or no?)

The temp.txt file:

<html>
<head><title>Hand </title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/style.css" type="text/css">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 12px;">
Hand not found. <br><br>
Either the hand number was incorrect, or the hand is still being processed. Try again in a few minutes.
<br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br& gt;
<br><br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br& gt;
</body>
</html>
Old 07-25-2007, 03:59 PM

Looks like the problem is simply that the hh isn't available yet.
This should be easy to work around (we just need to build in a delay).
Old 07-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Okay - the 25-byte problem should be fixed now.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 PM

Testing it out now...stupid Q maybe, but just where is it writing the HHs to?? I'm looking in the OngameMiner/HandHistories folder, but no files are showing up! (they were showing up in the last few versions i tried)

The "Total Hands Mined" number is increasing, but i don't see where the HHs are being stored?

EDIT >> oh, never mind, haha, I see that it was a function of the delay that you built in, and it's finally starting to write the HHs, and they're not empty! so all looks well for now, and i'll report more after i import them and take a look in PT. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:22 PM

It is normal that it takes relativly long until the HH file gets writen after the counter goes up?

For example: At the moment the counter says 13 mined hands. But in the HH dir are only 11 files as in the table list shon in Ongame miner.

After stoping Ongame Miner the count is at 1 but even after some time there are only 11 hh files.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 PM

Sorry for the confusion the delay is causing... the counter shows how many hand numbers we have so far, which will always be more than the actual number of hhs due to the delay.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:53 PM

A few things Roland --

1) First off, it's not necessarily that inactive tables get closed quickly, it's that all Ongame skins have a really annoying bug that causes tables to spontaneously close, which i posted about a while ago HERE . THere's nothing we can really do about this.

2) UGH -- bad news, it appears the 25-byte problem is back!! (sorry, i wrote this whole post before realizing it, but just like before, it seemed to write the first 80 or so HHs just fine, but now they're all the empty 25-byte files again).

3) Third, and this is an important issue b/c of the way PT imports Ongame HHs: Can you make it so that multiple HHs are written to one single .txt file? Here's why this is important. B/c of the way that PT handles Ongame HHs, as u may know, there aren't individual HH files like there are for other sites. There is only the single .db database file, containing all a player's hands, so the PT auto-import window for Ongame doesn't allow u to just select a folder and tell it to "import all individual HH files in this folder". The only option is to use the "Import HHs from File..." feature in PT, which only allows u to select around 75 .txt files at once...meaning that if I imported for a few hours and mined 1,000 hands, I would have to do 10 or 15 SEPARATE imports...but this problem would be fixed if you could write like a couple HHs in each individual .txt file...did that make sense? (I guess there are also .txt concatenating utilities that i can find online that will do this for me, but it would be even better if it could just be built into the miner.)

4) Lastly, and I'm wary of asking too much since I know that you're not getting paid for this (but i'll be happy to make a donation, once this thing works well!), is there any way you can build a feature into it that tells it to ONLY write a HH if a user-defined min. # of players are dealt cards? I try to keep my PT DBs free of 2- and 3-handed HHs...and for SOME sites, PT allows u to limit which HHs are imported by how many players are in the hand, but they don't have that for Ongame...so the only way around this (which i'm sorry to report i have to do for some sites) is to dump all HHs into a single DB, then "export to file..." the HHs that have greater than 5-players in the hand (and the export to file feature allows u to filter hands like this), and then RE-import them into my "streamlined/filtered" DB. SO it would be the best if the miner just allowed u to tell it to ONLY write HHs that have 5 or more players.

Whew, I know that was a lot to throw out you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 01:20 PM

A little more info: well, some good news, i guess. even though i was getting the 25-byte problem again yesterday, even with the miner that had supposedly "fixed" it, today I opened PR and the miner, and it's mining fine (whereas with the previous version, once it started giving me the 25-byte problem, even a full re-boot wouldn't make it return to normal). Unfortunately, after it had mined 102 hands, it started generating the 25-byte files again...just trying to give more info to help diagnose it.