Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Next KQ

IMHO, I don't have a problem with the PF raise or the post-flop call due to the number of given outs.

However, I do have a problem with the raise on the turn. Why would you raise here when you still don't have a made hand (although you do have more outs) and there is no way the villan folds at this point?

However, when the king comes home, I have no problem with the raise. There is still a chance the villian will call, and it sets up the hero to get paid off later on by establishing a loose-aggressive table image. Or am I just a complete donk for thinking this?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, there aren't many better hands that play like this. AK? K5s? A retarded set? All seem pretty unlikely and must be heavily discounted.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. A donk-donk-donk line is often a monster, even if it's retarded. Villain doesn't want to let you have a free card and doesn't want to spook you into folding by 3-betting.

In fact, if he won this hand, playing this way pretty much earned him the maximum, assuming he 3-bets the river.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree, there aren't many better hands that play like this. AK? K5s? A retarded set? All seem pretty unlikely and must be heavily discounted.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. A donk-donk-donk line is often a monster, even if it's retarded. Villain doesn't want to let you have a free card and doesn't want to spook you into folding by 3-betting.

In fact, if he won this hand, playing this way pretty much earned him the maximum, assuming he 3-bets the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely see TAG types take the ol' donk/donk/donk line, but if they do I think it's rarely a monster. They'll do donk/donk, but then they 3 bet the turn, especially if they have as high of an AF as he does.

But even if I'm incorrect and we're behind more often than not, I'd still rather raise than fold the river, but obviously calling is best.

Edit: Just to be nitty his turn bet isn't a donk, I think it matters as it means our turn raise could've been a freeshowdown/semibluff type hand, if we had raised both the flop and turn it's much more likely we have a made hand. Thus his river bet looks alot like something that's preventing a free showdown, or a bluff to me, both which often fold to a raise.