Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: 100-200 party 6max... Neverwin just started to play....

well the first night he sat in it he sat with 10K and left with 36K or around there somewhere.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:22 PM

I don't see what the problem is. It's going to baffle people who just play mimic poker, but how much does it really cost him to cap with bottom pair and a gutshot and take a free card? How much does he loose by capping the turn with the seldom best hand against two opponents with a fist-full of outs? Meanwhile, some guy tries to fight back at him by putting 7 bets in post-flop with ace high.

It looks like he's just playing a synergetic (and very difficult) style that forces poor but experienced players out of their comfort zone and has them committing tons of costly errors. I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to adjust to individual players' styles and attempts at exploiting his strategy HU.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what the problem is. It's going to baffle people who just play mimic poker, but how much does it really cost him to cap with bottom pair and a gutshot and take a free card? How much does he loose by capping the turn with the seldom best hand against two opponents with a fist-full of outs? Meanwhile, some guy tries to fight back at him by putting 7 bets in post-flop with ace high.

It looks like he's just playing a synergetic (and very difficult) style that forces poor but experienced players out of their comfort zone and has them committing tons of costly errors. I'd be surprised if he wasn't able to adjust to individual players' styles and attempts at exploiting his strategy HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think people give money back to players like Neverwin by trying to "maximize". Rather than just play a solid game that would be +EV against Neverwin, they try to adjust and fail miserably.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think people give money back to players like Neverwin by trying to "maximize". Rather than just play a solid game that would be +EV against Neverwin, they try to adjust and fail miserably.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the same reason some people have such a hard time with Derb and Kukavica. He gets a lot of action he shouldnt, and he knows how to react when you play back at him. FWIW, I think his game gets weaker everytime a seat gets filled up. IMO ten handed he is average at best, but heads up I'll put my money on him VS anyone. I think his 6 max game falls somewhere in between, but lately it seems like he is pushing some hands too hard.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the same reason some people have such a hard time with Derb and Kukavica. He gets a lot of action he shouldnt, and he knows how to react when you play back at him. FWIW, I think his game gets weaker everytime a seat gets filled up. IMO ten handed he is average at best, but heads up I'll put my money on him VS anyone. I think his 6 max game falls somewhere in between, but lately it seems like he is pushing some hands too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the fact that those who try to adjust specifically and lose is what makes having these players in a game great for both the solid players and for kuk/derb and nvrwin. everyone gets SOOO caught up in trying to screw them that they're play falls off dramatically and turns a full or 6max ring game from a game of many many small-medium edges into one w/ a larger proportion of medium ones the astute player can take advantage of.

Barron
Old 02-28-2006, 06:15 PM

Playing vs neverwin's style in these situations where he caps 68o, 34s, 35s, 59s, and 89s, What hands should you be capping and/or 3 betting preflop/postflop vs him? Also, when is it correct to call down with A or K high?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing vs neverwin's style in these situations where he caps 68o, 34s, 35s, 59s, and 89s, What hands should you be capping and/or 3 betting preflop/postflop vs him? Also, when is it correct to call down with A or K high?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think he see's 63s and says cap it up every time he sees it?

Barron
Old 02-28-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In general what hands should you be capping and/or 3 betting preflop/postflop vs him? Also, when is it correct to call down with A or K high?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think he see's 63s and says cap it up every time he sees it?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is closer to what I meant to ask.