Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QJs vs. Donk Raise
3-bet 9 50.00%
call 3 16.67%
fold 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS GUY?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the lord floppeth him a set but let innocent babies die when the tsunami hit? Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know there is a little story in the Bible about a guy named Noah who built an ark & there was a flood & everything. Maybe you oughta read it & get back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that that story ended by a certain covenant symbolized by a rainbow.

Maybe you oughta reread it and get back to us.

Its a shame this thread got derailed. That is an awesome quote from Yang and makes him much more likable in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So the lord floppeth him a set but let innocent babies die when the tsunami hit? Nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know there is a little story in the Bible about a guy named Noah who built an ark & there was a flood & everything. Maybe you oughta read it & get back to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure that that story ended by a certain covenant symbolized by a rainbow.

Its a shame this thread got derailed. That is an awesome quote from Yang and makes him much more likable in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know the story but you missed the point. I agree that this thread & several others have gotten derailed but if posters on this board would just post their thoughts on whether he played good or bad...love him or hate him...whatever...instead of attacking his faith just because they don't agree with it.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know the story but you missed the point. I agree that this thread & several others have gotten derailed but if posters on this board would just post their thoughts on whether he played good or bad...love him or hate him...whatever...instead of attacking his faith just because they don't agree with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not attacking his faith. People have a democratic right to be stupid. What we are attacking is him behaving like a lunatic while others were trying to complete a poker tournament.

What would you think if Albert Pujols stood at the plate in the world series and audibly asked god to make the pitcher throw the ball down the middle of the plate so he could hit a home run?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
We're not attacking his faith.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me? Maybe you haven't outright, but you've come darn close. There have been countless others that have though.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Jasp, sounds like your second sentence relates to the first...with the implication that his faith is stupid.

Attacking him for acting like a lunatic? I believe there were others in the tournament, some quite well known, that would actually fit that characterization yet haven't received nearly the same level of criticism. Anyway, since when is praying considered acting like a lunatic?

And FYI, many sports figures do in fact make outward expressions of their faith while in front of fans and peers while the game(s) are in progress. Little or nothing is said in criticism of them in such instances. In fact, they're often given some additional respect as "men of character" etc. Why the double standard with Yang?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:04 PM

BTW/FWIW - I wasn't really attacking 'faith' per se or even the notion that God exists...but rather the notion that God would interfere with something such as whether or not Yang won a hand...yet let innocent babies die in some disaster.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW/FWIW - I wasn't really attacking 'faith' per se or even the notion that God exists...but rather the notion that God would interfere with something such as whether or not Yang won a hand...yet let innocent babies die in some disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reiterate my pervious statement about the Biblical story of Noah. Why did the flood happen then? Why did it rain for 40 days & 40 nights. Why were Noah & his family the only ones spared?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jasp, sounds like your second sentence relates to the first...with the implication that his faith is stupid.

Attacking him for acting like a lunatic? I believe there were others in the tournament, some quite well known, that would actually fit that characterization yet haven't received nearly the same level of criticism. Anyway, since when is praying considered acting like a lunatic?

And FYI, many sports figures do in fact make outward expressions of their faith while in front of fans and peers while the game(s) are in progress. Little or nothing is said in criticism of them in such instances. In fact, they're often given some additional respect as "men of character" etc. Why the double standard with Yang?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

Does anybody remember last year's Super Bowl? What did both head coaches have in common off the field? They made no bones about where they stood...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiments exactly. I think his statements reflect the gratitude for America that he feels and a sincere appreciation for all that it has to offer. Maybe now he'll be bashed by all the Communists on this forum... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

Does anybody remember last year's Super Bowl? What did both head coaches have in common off the field? They made no bones about where they stood...

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that they weren't praying and asking for divine intervention while the game was going on.

Seriously, dude seemed like a really nice guy and played great, but his behavior in the first hour was way out of line.

Once he toned it down everything was cool.