Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: 100NL, KK and confused about c-betting

In position I like to check behind to try to extract. OOP I lead most of the time for 2/3s for information. If you check/call I think you have to block the turn to prevent getting bet off the best hand.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would cbet as normal. Villains range is wider than Ax

[/ QUOTE ]

But is his calling range wider than Ax? I'm almost readless here, so I really can't answer that. You did mention that his betting range is almost infinite (and I do agree that the average player bets most of his range here), so c/f isn't really a good plan. Like I said earlier, my plan is to c/c when I check this flop.

Being OOP kinda sucks, which means that betting, while it may not extract the most from a lot of hands, may actually be the better play. My logic on this flop is that, aside from the suitedness, there aren't too many hands that can really call light. If there was a card like T/9, then I think betting might be a bit better.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 PM

Well seeing as how I c-bet like 90%+ of the time, this is gonna be a c-bet for me as well. So you wouldnt c-bet any mid pair up to KK here as well? I have no problem taking this down with a c-bet, im not really looking to "maximize" value with KK on an A high flop with the much heightened risk of giving up the best hand due to my passiveness. And to be honest, c/f the flop is incredibly weak as you are pretty much inviting the average villain to take a stab at it by checking.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:50 PM

exactly I think we have to c-bet here.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM

The problem with checking here is that a halfway aggressive villain is going to try and rep that ace almost 100 percent of the time. This combined with the fact that most full stacked players ranges for cold calling are heavily weighted towards pocket pairs and suited connectors means that you are check folding the better hand probably at least 80 percent of the time. If I am checking it is with the intention of calling a bet and playing some poker on the turn. And if my cbet gets called and I check fold the turn I make a note that villain repped the ace on two streets in position because some tags do this habitually in position on ace high boards.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 PM

checking this flop shows weakness and induces bluffs, since your opponent has an ace a lot here calling down to see his bluffs is costly and bad); i think in this spot betting out on flop and shutting down after is the correct play
Old 07-19-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same here, I would c-bet and fold to a raise.

As played though I find a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does cbetting this flop accomplish? Not getting bluffed, and thats about it. Otherwise cbetting is horrible. A's call or raise and worse hands fold, cool situation.

c/Fold is fine here, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/folding here is the worst way you could possibly play this - what horrible advice.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Exactly, if we don't c-bet here we are basically giving the pot away because we are folding to a bet.

I think we have to make a c-bet here, and hope to pick up the pot right there. If we don't we are just letting opponents steal the pot from us.

Basically if we don't cbet its a lose lose situation. If we do we have the chance of him folding, and we can see where we stand much easier.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and playing some poker on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no poker to be played on turn, by c/c flop you are setting yourself up to make a mistake on turn
Old 07-19-2007, 03:59 PM

If we hold KK and are IN position we would check behind on this flop. OOP, this gets C-bet 100% of the time.