Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: JTs multiway pot 984 flop, other big stack raises allin

I don't like your flop bet (and I'm not being results oriented).
Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm glad to see that the avg 2p2 poster is this dumb, let alone the 2p2 lurker, let alone the avg player. thank you everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Referring to whos post there?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your flop bet (and I'm not being results oriented).

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you play the flop? The other big stack generally doesn't have a set and I want to take the pot down. I could bet less so I am not pot committed against the other big stack, but that might allow him to try to semibluff me if the others fold.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play the flop? The other big stack generally doesn't have a set and I want to take the pot down. I could bet less so I am not pot committed against the other big stack, but that might allow him to try to semibluff me if the others fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if it goes check, MP1 all in, MP2 all in, I fold. If it's checked to MP2 who bets, I might push. If it's checked around, I'm not unhappy. But on this flop with this many people, I don't think your bet takes it down that often.

If MP2 only has ~10K chips, I like open shoving.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if it goes check, MP1 all in, MP2 all in, I fold. If it's checked to MP2 who bets, I might push. If it's checked around, I'm not unhappy. But on this flop with this many people, I don't think your bet takes it down that often.

If MP2 only has ~10K chips, I like open shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you have to semibluff and try to take it down or get HU with pot odds. You are in trouble versus a big pair or set, but even against a lot of one pair hands.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:37 PM

With 3 guys in the pot and you first to act, as digusting as this is, I think you need to check....you can check raise allin but the last thing you want is to have to be calling allin with a str8 draw...also you really dont want to give 3 different guys a chance to flat call you on the flop either. You would like to get all of the money in on the flop as the last raiser if possible. 3 guys in this pot makes things very difficult.

Given the way you played it, you can proceed under the assumption that if you hit ur str8 you win, so its just a math question which can be calculated .

sheets
Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf you're almost certainly dead to a 7 or a Q... if we fold we still have like 30k left which is not table scraps... i see no need to gamble with just an OESD for tournament life here

[/ QUOTE ]

Like half of your posts have included the words "tournament life" in them.

That's a huge tell in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're referring to the same thing this guy is, go to the 2nd page of this thread and read my post, don't feel like defending myself twice. you think i'm getting bullied out cause i don't want to gamble for my "tournament life" with this hand? [censored] that. i'll gamble with you all day long, but in a tournament, you miss that open ender and you're out. in my mind there's no need to take the chance of busting here with this hand, plain and simple. we still have plenty of chips if we fold. fwiw, if he we had a FD and OESD i'm obv calling

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I don't want to argue with you.

For the same reason I don't argue with hardcore Christians that evolution is more logical than creationism.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well we'd be on the same side of that argument so you don't have to worry about that one at least. i don't feel like arguing either, all i'm saying is that just because we're getting the almighty pot odds doesn't mean we should call off all our chips with just a open ender. that's it. to me, we aren't nearly short stacked enough for this to be an option. if people disagree, that's their opinion and i respect that.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Kinda surprised no one said yet...

Don't play JTs OOP, especially in UTG+1. But its sooooted.

Assuming Betgo's math is right, which on a quick glance it does look so, I think there's some value to having the stack we would have as a result of this hand that outweighs the -1000 EV. And maybe the meta "don't mess around with me, I'll call" value. But mostly having 100k pretty much locks the FT I think, or very close to it, and so barely seesaws this into a call.

I don't think a fold is awful though, like someone else said we're still gonna have ~38 BB, which is fine.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda surprised no one said yet...

Don't play JTs OOP, especially in UTG+1. But its sooooted.

[/ QUOTE ]

The play is reasonably tight and I don't mind stealing the blinds. I am raising into 6 players. I like to play suited connectors, because they connect with a lot of flops. I don't want my hands to readable as always a big ace or medium to high pp.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Honest question here...

the move is calling even though you know you're out of the tournament 2/3 of the time???