Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Cardrunners site info & advice needed

[ QUOTE ]
Arito,

Pretty sure their DRM requirements just need you to renew the license (meaning you have to maintain your subscription) every 14 days. If you don't watch/renew them in two weeks they won't delete themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bit ambiguous from the FAQ:

[ QUOTE ]
All our videos are downloadable to your computer. It requires obtaining a free 14 day license (you enter your username and password, as you do when you sign on to CardRunners, to obtain your DRM license and then press play on that window) after you press play it will initiate the download. Depending on your internet access speed, it could take from 10 minutes to an hour to download. At the end of the download it should automatically begin to play. If for some reason it doesn't, you can use your computer's search function by the video's title to find where on your computer, your video downloads are being stored. Once downloaded, you can access the videos when you are online or off. Move them around your computer if desired and play them whenever during that 14 day period. Downloaded videos can be rewinded and fast forwarded, as opposed to the streaming option. After 14 days, you will be prompted to obtain another free DRM license, repeating the same steps while connected to the internet. You can do this as long as your subscription is current.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 PM

I download them and watch them all the time. They don't spontaneously implode, lol. But you will need an internet connection because it checks for the license.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I download them and watch them all the time. They don't spontaneously implode, lol. But you will need an internet connection because it checks for the license.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they didn't require you to DL a new license every 14 days to view them, what do you think most enterprising-but-soulless poker/internet geeks would do? Hmmmm, can you say "discounted/pirated CR videos"?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 AM

Couldn't you just screen capture with Camtasia whilst
they are playing and then burn to DVD-R ?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:10 PM

I don't even think you need to be a cash game player to benefit from the cash videos. Because the hand reading they do is useful in tournaments aswell
Old 08-20-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens when you try to watch them after your license has expired? Would it just not let you play it?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens when you try to watch them after your license has expired? Would it just not let you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you just screen capture with Camtasia whilst
they are playing and then burn to DVD-R ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a way of removing the DRM but the legality of it is debatable.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Is there any way to get these videos onto my ipod video? That is probably the only way I would subscribe. I've got my expert hold'em dvds and several poker podcasts on my pod. It's the wave of the future.