Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Golf Bet...

I'm scratch, and I doubt I would do better than -13 with a scramble format.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM

ColinD33 can not be that bad of a golfer, he will pull this off. It will be close, but my money is on him.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:13 PM

You 2and1
Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM

Alright Colin. After some somewhat serious thought I have a hard time thinking you will make birdies. Pars should become pretty easy, but when it comes down to it you are going to face some pressure shots. What happens when you are playing a par-3 and dump your first tee shot in the bunker? Or when you miss the green on a par-4 and your first pitch shot is terrible? (Note: you said your short game is terrible.) Sprinkle in a few bogeys and you shoot 74-79.

BTW, a single number is not a range. And does your opponent shoot 75 from the tips? If so...sounds like a good game.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Him, 6 and 5

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT THE [censored]

Dude gets to play a course 1500 yards shorter and hit every shot twice. How the hell could he lose 6 and 5. He might not even lose 6 and 5 playing straight up from the same tees.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have a handicap, but says he shoots "in the 95 range". I'm going to guess that he really shoots 100+. He claims his short game is weak, which means it's terrible.

I'm going to guess that he'll lose every par 5 and par 3 and dominate the par 4's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf dude, you can't just start making crap up. While we're at it let's just assume he gets 3 shots instead of 2, but has to play lefty.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Him, 6 and 5

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT THE [censored]

Dude gets to play a course 1500 yards shorter and hit every shot twice. How the hell could he lose 6 and 5. He might not even lose 6 and 5 playing straight up from the same tees.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have a handicap, but says he shoots "in the 95 range". I'm going to guess that he really shoots 100+. He claims his short game is weak, which means it's terrible.

I'm going to guess that he'll lose every par 5 and par 3 and dominate the par 4's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf dude, you can't just start making crap up. While we're at it let's just assume he gets 3 shots instead of 2, but has to play lefty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without real numbers, we have to make some assumptions to come to a conclusion. His short game stinks - from the distance he's playing he's going to have his wedge in his hand all day. That isn't a good combination.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright Colin. After some somewhat serious thought I have a hard time thinking you will make birdies. Pars should become pretty easy, but when it comes down to it you are going to face some pressure shots. What happens when you are playing a par-3 and dump your first tee shot in the bunker? Or when you miss the green on a par-4 and your first pitch shot is terrible? (Note: you said your short game is terrible.) Sprinkle in a few bogeys and you shoot 74-79.

BTW, a single number is not a range. And does your opponent shoot 75 from the tips? If so...sounds like a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he usually plays from the whites. This is the course that he plays the best on, by far. I expect him to but up a good number.

As for making birdes, I will birdie 3 if not all 4 of the par 5's. 449, 276, 442, 397. On most of the par 4's I can hit my driver to 20-60 yards from the green, or if I miss hit my driver, lay up with my second shot and have a decent approach shot in.

My short game is bad but I am banking on getting two shots at it to negate that. Perhaps I am over estimating that advantage though and you are correct. I guess we shall see on game day.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Evan, you are the only one that thinks I can win this. I owe you a beer.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ColinD33 can not be that bad of a golfer, he will pull this off. It will be close, but my money is on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, check is in the mail.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for making birdes, I will birdie 3 if not all 4 of the par 5's. 449, 276, 442, 397.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess some of us should have asked if the ladies tees were 4500 yards or some silliness after seeing those numbers.

The ladies tees at my joint are about 5500 with lots of OB. Bring it for all you want there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BO