Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Rebuy and add ons again

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the problem I always have. Say last hand before break, you go all in, get called and lose, get the double rebuy and addon, and risk being at a significant chip disadvantage compared to the rest of the table?

I've seen many good peeps not rebuy in this situation. So, what's the verdict?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of a contradiction here, IMHO...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've declined to re-buy if I'm getting upset and at risk of tilting, esp if it's a turbo sat re-buy.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:33 PM

Always rebuy, always add on. The rebuy has no vig, so those chips are cheaper than your first. Give me 3000 in chips for $63 or 1500 for $33? 3000 chips every time. No brainer.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:42 PM

The only time you don't rebuy is if the deal isn't as good; i.e. paying more for less chips.

That is not the case, rebuy pls.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:20 PM

Ok. Let's 'analyze' this problem:

First, we would need to know whether you are a winning or losing player at the given stakes. If you are a losing player for the stakes of this rebuy tournament, then the obviously most EV decision would be don't play this tournament at all. So to continue we'll assume you're a winning player...

In such a case, the difference between buying into a tournament at the beginning vs 59 minutes in, is that you have less time to "employ your mad poker skills". HOWEVER, this does NOT mean you are at a disadvantage compared to the other players - only that you are at less of an advantage than you would've been had you bought into another tournament at the beginning. Thus a winning player should still rebuy at any point (assuming you're getting the same deal on chips as the buy-in). FOR Rebuying!

Also, as many have pointed out, there is no vig on rebuys, making them a slightly (generally 10%) better deal than the initial buyin. FOR Rebuying!

Also, rebuying keeps you alive in the tournament, thus keeping you eligible for the ADD-ON, which is a significantly better price than the buyin (often 46% better). FOR Rebuying!

Now pretend you just busted out of a FO tournament, and there's another one starting up soon. You might often have to wait a while between tournament... and time is money. With rebuying, it's like that next tournament starts at the most conveinient time for you... following your bustout! FOR Rebuying!

[Consider this: a winning player should play in every possible tournament he can to maximize his EV, assuming he can play his best in all of them. However he likely won't have the time/ability to do this, so he chooses those which are most conveinient profitable]

Finally, as Silent A pointed out, there is the factor of how you're playing currently. We should assume you started the tournament on an even-keel (otherwise you should've have played if you're on tilt in the first place). If something happened between now and your bustout to make your emotions go wild - then it would be reasonable to just leave. Or if as you busted out you recieved a call from your buddy inviting you to do something that sounds fun - then it would make sense to simply leave as well. Likewise, if the table is very juicy and you have good reads on several players, then that's all the more reason to rebuy and continue.

Conclusion: REBUYING is both PROFITABLE and CONVEINIENT (in general)!

That was fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2007, 06:03 PM

I dont wanna open another thread for this Q:
1rebuy- 1 addon tour its correct to insta rebuy right?
Old 07-13-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont wanna open another thread for this Q:
1rebuy- 1 addon tour its correct to insta rebuy right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yessum
Old 07-13-2007, 07:09 PM

up to how many chips is it worthing an add on?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 PM

up to how many chips is it worthing an add on? of 1.5 times the starting stack.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 PM

also we know that the first 1000 chips of the tourney are worthing more than the 1000 more. so why to double rebuy 2000chips? and not play 1000 for that tourney and if you lose the next with 1000 again?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

[ QUOTE ]
also we know that the first 1000 chips of the tourney are worthing more than the 1000 more. so why to double rebuy 2000chips? and not play 1000 for that tourney and if you lose the next with 1000 again?

[/ QUOTE ]wwtf u talking about? dont take the addon if u have the avg chips if there were 10 plyrs left, but that never happens so always addon