Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group Three: 2 vs 3
American Splendor 22 18.64%
Batman (Keaton/Nicholson) 96 81.36%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Todd Phillips sweat thread

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with Todd many times in cash games. He's got odd mannerisms and talks quite a bit; he's amusing and insightful and confusing as hell. I'm rarely able to get a line on him, but others might -- and if I remember aright, he finished high up at the Legends ME a couple of years back.

[/ QUOTE ]

'05 Legends was the first tournament Todd and I ever played. We were at the same table for 3 days. He drove every dealer crazy because he never (not once) remembered to post an ante during the entire 4 day tournament. Very funny guy. He and Nenad were blind partners, and Nenad had no idea what to do with him, as Todd beat him out of every pot they played.

Todd also busted a pretty young Joe Pelton, and Joe was so frustrated he threw back his chair Hellmuth style when he went broke. Joe flopped a set and bet it the whole way... Todd called him down with a flush draw, getting there on the river. Said he wanted to bust Joe because "he looked at me funny."

We both final tabled this event, though I busted before TV bubble. Todd went on to finish 5th.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Todd Phillips sweat thread

I can totally see all of that. What's your take on him?