Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Semi-OT: The Black List

Nobody gave you guys the right to play the ultra fish.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 AM

If you won't buy the "it's bad business" argument, how about this one: It's [censored] rude.

But back to the bad business argument. It's not just the ones you chase away, because frankly you probably don't chase too many. But what you do in fact do, is make the fish play better. A lot of fish can actually play ok poker, but they're there to have a good time. You berate them, and they tighten up, because they don't want to be berated again. Hence, they play better poker, only calling or raising with solid values, etc... Or they just raise their level of concentration and take the game more seriously. All bad things.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You [censored] moron, this isn't the issue. Sure it sucks if the ultra fish stop playing, like you say we don't have a right to play with them. You have to be a [censored] idiot if you think it's fine for some shortsighted tilting fucktards to chase them off.

Edit: And this is of course aside from the fact that it's just rude anyways.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 AM

WutRUTryin2Hit you play 27s too? I've played a few times with BillMueller or whatever his name is and haven't seen him get out of line. I wonder if hes always like that or if he just had a terrible night?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody gave you the right to be nasty to people. So don't do it.

Apart from being financially -EV, it's also just being an arsehole. Being an arsehole is bad.

I assume that the vast majority of losing players play poker because they enjoy it. I imagine that being nasty to them reduces their enjoyment.

There are a number of very clear and obvious losers that arise from people berating other players. I am not aware of anyone who benefits. So why do it?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you clearly don't do enough drugs.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 AM

I can't see why anyone would disagree that it is bad, not being able to control yourself is fairly reasonable. If that is the case follow TFG's advice and request that your chat be turned off. It'll probably help to reduce tilting and you won't keep berating players.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:19 AM

Speaking of funny notes, I fired a SNG up the other day and spotted a note I had on a player, opened it up and it said simply "A GD F'ing Fish!". Laughed myself to tears, and had to look him up on PT to find the obvious bad beat he must have laid on me...it was nasty, called my overpair shove with a gutshot and hit.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see why anyone would disagree that it is bad, not being able to control yourself is fairly reasonable. If that is the case follow TFG's advice and request that your chat be turned off. It'll probably help to reduce tilting and you won't keep berating players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's fun, and helps entertain ME during sessions that last half a friggin day. I don't give a s*** about anyone else's +EV, if it helps me unwind and keep actually having fun at the table, I'm going to do it. How hard is THAT to understand?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's fun, and helps entertain ME during sessions that last half a friggin day. I don't give a s*** about anyone else's +EV, if it helps me unwind and keep actually having fun at the table, I'm going to do it. How hard is THAT to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty difficult, because it's still costing YOU money.

also, get off of the forum then, I will not stand for you taking away my money while I sit here to help discuss/educate and make you more.

how hard is THAT to understand?

can we ban this monkey now? There is no longer a sense of reason. no one is going to stop you from berating fish, no one can, but the fact that you're anger management issues are beyond yours or anyone else's control is simply no fault of ours. get help. /end rant.
Closed Thread