Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:26 AM

Default Re: I get out of line: hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Decent Oceans daytime 20 game. The villian in this hand is Chuck. He is a pretty awful player with mainly loose passive tendencies and some occasional random aggression thrown in. He is a pretty big target in the game overall and has a healthy fear of me sometimes saying out loud stuff like "oh boy, doc 3 bet look out" before calling 3 cold with JTo.

3 limpers including chuck on the button and I toss in 2 chips from the SB with Qd2d. 5 ways to the flop.

Flop: 7d3d3h.

I check planning on calling or raising but it gets checked through.

Turn: 7c (7d3d3h)

I stab at it and plan to probably c/f the river UI if called. It gets folded all the way to Chuck who raises. I change plans and 3 bet quickly out of the rack in tempo with one of those whole stack minus 4 chip moves. I plan to bet most rivers unless I get some visual info not to.

Can you feel me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can feel sixteen of your chips that you probably won't be needing any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it is 24 chips.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you decided to raise A high against a tight reasonable player how would you feel getting insta 3 bet knowing you will have to pay 2 more BB to see a showdown when there is a pretty decent chance you are drawing stone cold dead? Do bad players ever realize they made a mistake on the turn and cut their losses?

[/ QUOTE ]

But your not playing against me or any other 2p2er, you're playing against Joe Fish, the same guy that calls down w/K high or bottom pair when you flop a flush or turn a boat. I'd like this play much more if the player you do it against is a 2p2er or tight guy capapble of laying down. The thinking behind this play is great b/c you represent a 7 so well but if your opponent isn't smart enough to think like that then you're representing nothing. The only thing going through his head is, "me have A high or 2pair, me call down"

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point/post Scott.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is outlandishly bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are saying I suck at poker? I heard you were telling people that.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 AM

Is not leading this flop standard?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Results

This was one of those hands where I felt like my read was great but my result was horrible. I was pretty certain he didn't have a 7 since he would bet the flop or a 3 since he wouldn't raise the turn. He called down my atrocious river bet with A5o.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Results

It feels so good to be the first one to reply and then be 1000000000% right.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:24 AM

hahaha howmany, 30 seconds ago I drafted a similar message, and then decided not to submit out of modesty. But you went there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM

I agree with Mike that you should bet the flop. I don't mind the turn 3bet here but once he calls you need to be done with the hand UI. Bet a Q or a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], though, obv.

Rob
Old 07-12-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you feel me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this a bit but I decided I feel a spew here. Even bad players call down with an Ace now a days as so many other bad players decide to bluff paired boards. Double paired boards are for sure call downs.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can you feel me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this a bit but I decided I feel a spew here. Even bad players call down with an Ace now a days as so many other bad players decide to bluff paired boards. Double paired boards are for sure call downs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post before results next time please sir.

Yeah, I felt spewilicious too once he called but you guys have to account for my image being a bit different than yours. My success rate is a little better with big plays like this since I try them a little less often.

BTW, I think it is retarded whenever poeple post these types of bluffs and then justify it afterward by saying they get all kinds of calldowns and how good it is for the metagame. I felt like a total retard afterward and hated my image. I love that people fold a lot when I bet and raise. It is so much better to win entire pots than it is to win a few extra bets.