Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Posting Blinds before or after button

[ QUOTE ]
When I see someone post there blinds oop I instantly have an idea of the player. I assume usually that they are weak and don't understand the power of position (because they are voluntarily posting money to see a random hand not in position). I think this is a very -EV to post. Just wait the four or five hands and take your blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you post in the CO then you have position on everyone in the field save the Button.

Now, if you are the Button and it's folded to a poster in the CO who checks, you should be raising any two cards. But that's another discussion.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Posting Blinds before or after button

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't post a big blind from anywhere except the big blind, it's throwing money away and any time I see a player do this I'm extremely likely to raise him. He's playing a random hand and he'll often fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I see someone post there blinds oop I instantly have an idea of the player. I assume usually that they are weak and don't understand the power of position (because they are voluntarily posting money to see a random hand not in position). I think this is a very -EV to post. Just wait the four or five hands and take your blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Six hands.

Also, when you mistake me for a fish, that too is +EV for me. Thanks for making another point for me.

Though, you don't make sense. They're not posting OOP. They're posting in the cutoff, which by any definition I've ever heard is IN position. The big blind is what's OOP. See the pokertracker stats I posted earlier for more info.