Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Do Chinese people play American poker?

Big Two is a different game, that is called Dueces where I'm from.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when they play chinese poker in china, they just call it "poker"

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do they say when they want to eat Chinese?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 AM

Well, to if anyone cares, to answer if the chinese play American poker is no, and they dont play what we called "Chinese poker". They play a weird and different variation which is mostly just a luck game. If you ever come to China you will see TONS of people playing this poker game, as well as Maj on, all over the street.

Im only like an hr away from Macua, so Im really hoping Hold em or Omaha, or even stud get over there quickly! Maybe next year...we ll see
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, to if anyone cares, to answer if the chinese play American poker is no, and they dont play what we called "Chinese poker". They play a weird and different variation which is mostly just a luck game. If you ever come to China you will see TONS of people playing this poker game, as well as Maj on, all over the street.

Im only like an hr away from Macua, so Im really hoping Hold em or Omaha, or even stud get over there quickly! Maybe next year...we ll see

[/ QUOTE ]

chinese poker is mostly just a luck game too
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it's called "thirteen cards" in chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
chinese people dont call it chinese poker they call it bigtwo

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, i really didnt want to reply in this thread but i felt compelled to defend my cultures honor.

Ok here it is str8 up. The first quote is correct. The game that you guys call "chinese poker" is literally translated as "13 cards" in chinese.

Now, ironically there is also another chinese poker game, the americans call this game "13". Literally translated in chinese, it is called "big old 2". In america, it is also sometimes refered to as "big dick" or "big 2". Some ignorant people also call it "per soy".

Finally, there is another chinese poker game that is alot like NL hold'em. It is pronounced "so ha" and literally translated it means all in, pretty trippy. Here is a video clip from youtube demonstrating this game in action. It is from the classic "God of Gamblers", it is a sick sick movie. This movie is to the chinese as what Scarface is to america. Everyone just watch it. So sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puaI9V8Osc
Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 AM

awesome how they slowroll each other and act like quads over quads has something to do with skill
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Banning everybody in thread who doesn't realize that that's Yakov's bit. WTF PEOPLE.

Fact: didn't actually ban anybody.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM

high stakes poker stalkers that bribe floormen and snap pics with their cell phone are cool....

in China they call poker David Chiu
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Banning everybody in thread who doesn't realize that that's Yakov's bit. WTF PEOPLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yakov was before most people on this forum's time(including me). I'd never even heard of him before somebody linked the wiki page.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it's called "thirteen cards" in chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
chinese people dont call it chinese poker they call it bigtwo

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, i really didnt want to reply in this thread but i felt compelled to defend my cultures honor.

Ok here it is str8 up. The first quote is correct. The game that you guys call "chinese poker" is literally translated as "13 cards" in chinese.

Now, ironically there is also another chinese poker game, the americans call this game "13". Literally translated in chinese, it is called "big old 2". In america, it is also sometimes refered to as "big dick" or "big 2". Some ignorant people also call it "per soy".

Finally, there is another chinese poker game that is alot like NL hold'em. It is pronounced "so ha" and literally translated it means all in, pretty trippy. Here is a video clip from youtube demonstrating this game in action. It is from the classic "God of Gamblers", it is a sick sick movie. This movie is to the chinese as what Scarface is to america. Everyone just watch it. So sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puaI9V8Osc

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I grew up watching god of gamblers. They played in on tv every chinese new year. Back then I knew nothing about poker. This is 5 card stud by the way. Watching this back again, it doesn't seem to make any sense. There's no ante. Why would anyone bet 200k into a pot without money at the first round of betting? And what the heck, it's no limit stud! Also, you can seem to reach into your pocket for more money halfway into the hand. Lol, crazy!