Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: My Orlando Magic are [censored] Geniuses

the magic were so good billy donovan took all of 2 days to regain his senses and realize,
"ZOMG, TEH MAGIC STINK. WTF DID I DO. I CAN'T COACH THIS TEAM. DUCY?"

theyre goin no where.
howard is an animal.
lewis will help OFFENSIVELY.

gl when ppl are scoring 100+ a game on you.
like my raptors.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:03 PM

Its really a shame that Doc limits Gerald Greens playing time. That kid has so much potential, but hes never going to reach it sitting on the bench 30 minutes a game. The Celts were clearly not going to make the playoffs, so why not just play the kid 32-35 minutes a night, and let his game develope? Die Doc.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:08 PM

lol, the eastern conference sucks ass
Old 07-04-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the c's will mop the floor with orlando and the rest of the nba next year

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a huge Celtics fan and we def improved a lot this offseason. Only problem is Doc Rivers is still our coach and will probably find a way to mess it all up.

It's funny how the rest of the league see's the Celtics as a 20 win team last year, when they had more key injuries than any other team in the league, plus they tanked the last few months as well.

They were a 35-40 win team last year when healthy, and will only get better with Ray Allen and Gabe Pruitt (who was an absolute steal). Rondo will also get to play a lot this year and he was burried on the bench all of last year except the last few months where he broke out when Doc finally played him.

Then you got Gerald/Gomes who I think will both improve next year as well, plus a healthy Perkins.

If we stay healthy and Doc coaches halfway decent I except anywhere from 40-55 wins, shock the world. Only bad thing is Doc will get an extension and probably coach of the year which he clearly would not deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you approve of that horrendous draft move??? Giving up Green, who wud def contribute right away and has the potential to be a superstar, west and someone else i think for a past-his-prime-wobbly-ankle Ray Allen? Makes 0 sense. It's not like Ray Allen is all of a sudden going to turn you guys into a title contender.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM

i love the orlando magic anfernee hardaway and shaquille oneal are an amazing combo, no way they will get to the finals though with michael jordan and scottie pippen leading the bulls, when will the bulls championship run end?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM

As a Magic fan, I can say that I like the signing, but:

a) It does not make us the best team in the east. The Bulls, Pistons, Cavs are still all easily better teams, it maybe puts us on the level of NJ or Toronto.

b) While he's a great shooter, his defense is obviously lacking and he isn't worth max money.

c) We give up two very solid players in the process, Grant Hill and Darko Millicic.

d) The East doesn't matter because the Suns and Spurs are still infinately better than any of the east teams.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59 PM

lol at darko being "very solid" and isn't grant hill like, 50?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the c's will mop the floor with orlando and the rest of the nba next year

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a huge Celtics fan and we def improved a lot this offseason. Only problem is Doc Rivers is still our coach and will probably find a way to mess it all up.

It's funny how the rest of the league see's the Celtics as a 20 win team last year, when they had more key injuries than any other team in the league, plus they tanked the last few months as well.

They were a 35-40 win team last year when healthy, and will only get better with Ray Allen and Gabe Pruitt (who was an absolute steal). Rondo will also get to play a lot this year and he was burried on the bench all of last year except the last few months where he broke out when Doc finally played him.

Then you got Gerald/Gomes who I think will both improve next year as well, plus a healthy Perkins.

If we stay healthy and Doc coaches halfway decent I except anywhere from 40-55 wins, shock the world. Only bad thing is Doc will get an extension and probably coach of the year which he clearly would not deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you approve of that horrendous draft move??? Giving up Green, who wud def contribute right away and has the potential to be a superstar, west and someone else i think for a past-his-prime-wobbly-ankle Ray Allen? Makes 0 sense. It's not like Ray Allen is all of a sudden going to turn you guys into a title contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't like the move altho it's not as bad as you think it is. Personally I would have kept the #5 pick and traded Pierce for more youth+picks. We then would prob have sucked next year and got another top 5 pick which would allow us to have the 2nd best young core aside from Portland and have a chance at something real special in the next few years.

However there is no doubt Ray Allen makes our team much better in the next few years. On paper I think our team is slightly better than the Cavs personally and I would not be shocked if we made the NBA finals in the very weak east. We would obv get crushed by the Spurs/Suns/whoever comes outa the West, but at least the NBA finals is a possibility. We do have the worst coach in the entire NBA tho who will probably cost us 5-10 wins like he does every year.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 PM

absolutely silly to give a 22/6 forward a max contract. he's a good player but he's not worth that. and the top 15 comment is hilarious also.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely silly to give a 22/6 forward a max contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. there are only a select few that average 22 ppg, although the 6 rpg is pretty weak. in this case though, i agree that it is silly to give him a max contract.