Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Why is it that i feel like im spewing when my vpip goes over 15?

[ QUOTE ]
well, yeah, and my preflop numbers vary widely from table to table (depending on conditions), but the converging stat seems to be 15/12 always. And i don't feel like im playing nitty at all.

I feel like maybe im not 1)defending my blinds 2)threebetting 3)coldcalling as much as other winning players in the game and maybe im giving some ev up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very recently started cold-calling with suited one gappers and sc while in position because they have provided me a great opportunity to flop draws, call a cbet, and take down a nice pot with a turn semibluff. I only play at NL100, so the aggression from opponents is nonexistent (when you fire semibluff on turn). If you miss flop or turn, these hands are easy to get away from. I never thought I would regularly stack people with 2 pair and be able to keep up with it all while 12 tabling. I also play overaggressive and overbet when I hit with these "weaker" hands. Regardless, when you do hit, STACKOLA!

With this type of play, my stats went from 14/5/1.5 to 17/9/2.5 and I couldn't be happier with my winrate (>4.5ptbb/100 over the last ~60k hands [not including NL200 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]]).