Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Berate my play - My first NL25 video

downloading this now, gunna give thoughts on here as I go.

1:00 lol raise 99 preflop from UTG. don't post UTG.

4:00 I'd make a note Ian limp shoved with AQo UTG (I think you did this)

5:30 Obviously bet flop versus retard on JsTs9 board.

8:00 raise PP from UTG. There is no reason to do it 50/50. You increase your equity by trying to get it headsup, and the table plays really weak/tight so far. Its still 6 handed.

10:30 I raise A4s in CO when its folded to me. ian doesn't seem to CC very often and the table looks super weak/tight preflop ATM.

12:30 lol dude that's a snap call. Make a note he open shoved 77 on a dry board (KQ7) 5-way.

14:10 I complete suited ace in SB versus the weak/tights.

23:30 64s I raise in CO versus these guys. They don't protect their blinds at all and are super weak/tight.

27:15 I raise Q9s in CO here, and I would bet that flop. I don't like the post preflop.

-->ianbeth is willing to limp in with a bunch of crap but doesn't protect his blinds or coldcall that often.

28:30 Taggish guy limps I raise in BB.

33:00 You are way too passive preflop. I would raise T8s in SB versus that dude. He doesn't play very well.

33:30 I giveup here as well versus the donkbet.

34:00 You raise 1.50 first in. Not good, you've always been raising 1.25 in this spot before. I probably check/call that retardo dollar bet on the flop too. I would rather raise the weak dollar bet than check/call and fire any turn line. Your just giving them an extra card to beat you with this line.

Obviously changed my mind about ian. He'll call with any two cards preflop in position, but won't call if he's OOP.

38:00 I sometimes raise 97o preflop from CO. I'm not sure how often these guys limp/fold or whatever. Obviously make a note on ian that he small bet shoved with an OESFD in a limped pot.

40:00 I complete in the SB versus the two fish with T8s. I would lead that flop. I would probably bet the turn for thin value, although checking is probably OKish too.

One small note, I just raise to a dollar usually in SB. meh.

45:00 T8o I raise in CO. God you play so tight preflop. If its folded to you in CO/Button raise if you hold any playable hand. Don't raise if you have a reason to not.

48:00 This guy has been pushing his big hands for the most part. He clearly thought the big draw was a big hand as well. I shove to that minraise bet on the flop. I dunno wtf you are pushing with if your folding KK here. This fold is terrible.

50:00 You cbet different amounts when you hit and when you don't hit. I would make a note on that guy that he check/minraised once on a 98xr board and you just folded. Its somewhat likely this bet is a bluff due to you just folding to the c/minraise, but its hard to say for sure.

55:00 Raise the flop bet to 7 or 8 dollars, don't push. God that push is gross.

58:00 This is the KK hand. Turn check is good. I probably check/raise all in on that turn with the overpair. This guy tends to bet big with his good hands. He was also seen pushing/raising a draw earlier. So I think its less likely he holds any sort of draw.

60:00 Easy bet on the Qc card. I like your sizing. I shove the turn with JJ as well. I would make a note he's check/minraising as a bluff.

1:02 Somehow you fold AJo preflop.

1:08 Reraise is OK. So is calling. Well played IMO.

1:11 Dude insta-check minraises and you call instantly. WTF are you doing? If your giong to call the check/minraise have some sort of plan, besides turning the gutshot and stacking him lol. I also wouldn't have cbet here because he's been running you over every hand and is likely to do so again (you haven't taken a stand with anything in an hour versus him). Personally if I did anything I would have "tanked" for maybe 2-3 seconds and then 3bet to 10.25 or whatever. But I think I just check/back with your image.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your KK fold on 6c4d4c board against ianbath's minraise was decent given his stats.

[/ QUOTE ] I haven't watched the vid, but I know this is baaaaaaad. Unless you're like 200bb+ deep dont fold here.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 AM

yeah folding that hand makes me wanna felt the other KK hand. If I had shoved previously on the 644 board to monkey boy then I probably wouldn't mind as much folding it again. But man its so hard to fold overpairs to monkey's like that guy lol.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah folding that hand makes me wanna felt the other KK hand. If I had shoved previously on the 644 board to monkey boy then I probably wouldn't mind as much folding it again. But man its so hard to fold overpairs to monkey's like that guy lol.

[/ QUOTE ] Probabilistically he's more likely to be overvaluing top pair or a weak over (or dare I say UNDER??!?!?) pair here. Play for stacks in these spots, if he has a 4 it's a cooler.