Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: AC Already Exists

[ QUOTE ]
The concept of voluntarily not attacking each other, even without the presence of government, is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously in AC, there will be violent conflicts. Not a single ACist will tell you otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
Nations do sometimes voluntarily agree not to attack each other

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, sometimes? So you think war between countries is the norm, not the exception?
[ QUOTE ]
but only when they realize that it is not in their best interests to fight with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, which is the case way more often than not. How many countries is Canada at war with? Switzerland? Spain? France? Ireland? Russia? China? Japan? Austrailia? Brazil? I could keep going but I think you get the idea.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. At any point, the people CAN simply refuse to go along with the government. Government is worthless without the consent of the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow, for real? Sweet, where do I sign? I want out.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM

You don't have to sign anything. Just make sure you have guns...LOTS of guns. The government doesn't want you to go anywhere. They are powerless without us, so they'll try anything to stop us from getting out.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The government doesn't want you to go anywhere. They are powerless without us, so they'll try anything to stop us from getting out.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. At any point, the people CAN simply refuse to go along with the government. Government is worthless without the consent of the people.

[/ QUOTE ]
????????
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The profit in my pathological scenario is power. The more land I take over, the more power I have. The more wealth I steal, the more power I have. The more people I have under my control, the more power I have.

It may seem pathological, but this is how empires were created.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, there's gonna be A LOT of people out there with guns. And since it's a world where AC has taken to form, where people have dismantled all kinds of massive, aggressive governments, I don't see those gun wielding anarchists laying down their arms for the first group of 50 thugs that sprouts up. I'd say your on a suicide mission. But good luck!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to sign anything. Just make sure you have guns...LOTS of guns. The government doesn't want you to go anywhere. They are powerless without us, so they'll try anything to stop us from getting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what happened to them needing my consent?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The concept of voluntarily not attacking each other, even without the presence of government, is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously in AC, there will be violent conflicts. Not a single ACist will tell you otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
Nations do sometimes voluntarily agree not to attack each other

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, sometimes? So you think war between countries is the norm, not the exception?
[ QUOTE ]
but only when they realize that it is not in their best interests to fight with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, which is the case way more often than not. How many countries is Canada at war with? Switzerland? Spain? France? Ireland? Russia? China? Japan? Austrailia? Brazil? I could keep going but I think you get the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

As time has passed, war has become less common for a variety of reasons. Technology has made is to that a war, even a small one, could be extremely costly. There are also the effects of globalism, mutual protection pacts, and other devices. The nations of the Middle-East would love to have a stab at Israel, but they can't defeat Israel for a variety of reasons. Israel also can't defeat all of the Middle-East either. Still, don't be mistaken, even though we are not attacking each other all the time, we are still undermining other countries at any chance we can if it is in out best interests. Also it is not unheard of for countries to go to war with each other for absolutely NO REASON (The Falklands?)
Old 07-03-2007, 12:32 PM

The government needs the consent of the people. One of the stipulations of having a government is that people living within the borders that it rules, is that there won't be people that violate its will. If one person refuses to consent, the other 299,999,999 people in the US consent to have you fined, arrested, killed, w/e.

The government can bully you around because you are weak. You are only one person, you can't fight against everybody else. If you pull together a coalition that is big enough, you have a better chance of succeeding...
Old 07-03-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know, there's gonna be A LOT of people out there with guns. And since it's a world where AC has taken to form, where people have dismantled all kinds of massive, aggressive governments, I don't see those gun wielding anarchists laying down their arms for the first group of 50 thugs that sprouts up. I'd say your on a suicide mission. But good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though, what is a government? The government is made up of a bunch of thugs, with a lot of guns, that bully the rest of us around if we don't comply.

You can think of the mafia as a mini-government. They have a lot of guns, and pick on people that are weaker than them. When they extort weaker people, the people being extorted are given a choice. They can fight with the mobsters, or give them what they want. The government gives a similar choice: you can fight with us, or you can give into us and we'll protect you.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM

BTW, I am not necessarily a statist, I am just saying it how I think it is in reality. Believe me, there is no notion more romantic to me than going around shooting people like Clint Eastwood [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]