Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: advice for taking a shot at 200?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$8000 seems like a bit much, BP. 20x Buyins has always been enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably true. I am just way, way conservative when it comes to bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm worse...I've got ~twice that. I was playing 200 on party last year and I'm still a big chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

$16K? Man up and play 200NL. I've got about ~$6K, and I thought I was a puss for crawling back into my 100NL hole.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow 16k stop being a vag and do a 5 BI shot at 1k nl, it wont hurt you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 AM

Yep I'm a big vag. I don't want to be feeling like LifeTilt tomorrow night though....especially since I've been doing fairly well at 100.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$8000 seems like a bit much, BP. 20x Buyins has always been enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably true. I am just way, way conservative when it comes to bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm worse...I've got ~twice that. I was playing 200 on party last year and I'm still a big chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

$16K? Man up and play 200NL. I've got about ~$6K, and I thought I was a puss for crawling back into my 100NL hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm not the only 100 player with a good roll. Some of the regs play a TON more than I do and seem to be doing well. Not that it's an excuse.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 AM

If youve been doing well at NL100 then thats even more reason to move up since you can always just drop down and print money there.

Also stop thinking about all the bad things that could happen. You could start having 5 figure months yo! (assuming you play enough)
Old 07-03-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep I'm a big vag. I don't want to be feeling like LifeTilt tomorrow night though....especially since I've been doing fairly well at 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you'd leave all that loot in PS? Why not cash some out and put it in the bank or investments or spend it on beer and candy?
Old 07-03-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think this way, man. Go into it with confidence. With a 16K roll you can play fearless poker at 200NL.

The games are simply not that tough.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Me. I've done really, really well at .50/1 for five solid months. I've played close to 2500 hands at 1/2 (yes, that's nothing), and it has sucked. Coolers, suckouts, etc. It's variance, but dropping 4 BIs there feels like 8 BIs. I've just lost all confidence when I play there, and I've started to expect bad things (which is obviously a recipe for disaster). If you hit a cold deck or get uber-tilted by the twice-as-expensive suckouts like me, drop back down for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just so pessimistic right now after what happened to me. This is spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's terrible, but all I care about now is your avatar. Who is that? Well played, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, but I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] her. And by [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] her, I mean I want to make love explosion on her chest...VERRRRY NICE!

Old 07-03-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm not the only 100 player with a good roll. Some of the regs play a TON more than I do and seem to be doing well. Not that it's an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone's point is that you shouldn't be so scared of losing $1K there when you can almost certainly win there. It sounds like you're very cautious, though, which I obviously understand. Just take a couple shots at 1/2, and if you aren't comfortable, drop back down.

I wish you luck. If you hit a heater in those first 5K hands, you might never come back. If you get coolered and drop 5 BIs, though, you might turn into a frightened little grinder who is scared to ever take another shot...like me.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:47 AM

The reason I am all bent out of shape about my attempt is that I played pretty damn good, but got ROCKED. Now, many of you will say "recover the ~$1k you lost and try again next week, because if those bad beats don't happen, you'll be crushing it." Well, the problem is that I was playing amazing. What if I made some marginal plays with some holdings I only had a slight edge?! That's what I'm worried about.

This is also a direct reflection of the fact that my BR is only $4k, so losing 1/4 in about an hour sucked ass.